Chapter 7

Tom gently held Tord’s small body in his mouth, careful not to press down too hard with his teeth. He had no idea what he was doing, and why he even saved Tord in the first place. He betrayed them! Blew up their house! He ruined everything!

Tom remembered waking up in this form, hearing painful screams. He didn't know why, but the urgency in the person’s voice caused him to panic and run towards their direction. He had no idea what to expect, but when he laid eyes on a familiar red hooded male, and the monster that was about to eat him, he became furious. Tearing apart the monster’s fur and flesh with his claws, and then finishing the job by snapping its neck. He had no idea what came over him. He was even more confused when he looked at Tord and concern washed over him. He had looked almost the same as when he last saw him. His rusty brown hair still stood up in two horns, and his grey-silver eyes still had their bright spark. However, Tom had noticed the cut scarred tissue around the right side of his face, and a small glare of a metal hand, most likely attached to a metal arm, peeping out from his right hoodie sleeve. Tom also couldn't help but notice that Tord was bleeding, a lot. And not only was he bleeding from a large gash in his forehead, but also from one in his right thigh. His red hoodie also seemed darker around his stomach and chest. Tom sniffed at it, the strong stench of blood reaching his snout. He thought for a second, wondering if it would work. Slowly, he opened his mouth and licked the blood of Tord’s thigh. Tord let out a small cry of pain, and Tom tried to be more gentle. He realized that he was correct when he saw that Tord’s thigh had stopped bleeding, realizing that his saliva had helped to close the wound. Tom continued to lap at Tord’s skin, cleaning up the blood, while Tord tried to hold in cries of pain. Once he was sure Tord was no longer bleeding, Tom looked down at him, only to find that he had fallen asleep.

He could only hope that Tord would wake up again, he thought as he headed towards an abandoned building, one that he used to come to often. He stared climbing up the side, using his sharp claws to dig into the bricks and pull himself up. He reached the top, and climbed down through a hole in the roof. Then slowly crawled over to a pile of blankets, that he had brought with him one day, and laid Tord gently down on them, covering him with a small thin blanket. He thought about going back out, maybe try and get something to eat, but something held him back. He looked over at Tord, sleeping peacefully, and settled down beside him, wrapping his head and tail around him securely. Tom looked up at the night sky and bright stars through the hole in the ceiling, feeling the most peace he had been in for a long time. He could hear Tord's heartbeat thumping softly in his chest, and closed his eyes, allowing it to slowly lull him to sleep.