Chapter 21

Edd stood staring at the large creature in front of him, pistol in hand. He started shooting at it. Matt on his right, also started shooting, however, it didn't seem to be doing anything. The bullets just deflected of its skin. It let out a loud roar, it's one black eye filled with anger. They continued to rain bullets upon it, until it lifted its head a little, and let out a sad cry. Edd realized that it was protecting something. And as he leaned closer to get a better look, he saw that it was a person. Edd cried out for a ceasefire. Matt turned his head to give him a confused look, but Edd was too busy staring at the creature, as it lifted its head once more. It waited a few minutes, most likely seeing if they would start shooting again, before slowly removing its tail from around the a small form. The monster picked up the figure by its red hoodie, and cautiously began walking closer to them. Once it was only a few feet away, Edd could finally make out the person's features, and was surprised to see a familiar head of hair styled into two horns. Edd realize exactly who the person was. He couldn't believe his eyes.

Tord. He hadn't seen him since, well, since the incident, and had only spoken to him a few days ago. Edd had thought for sure that he had died, had gotten eaten by one of the many monsters roaming the streets. But there he was, hanging limp in the jaws of the huge creature. To Edd, It almost seemed as though the monster recognized them, as it walked right up to him and Matt, and handed them a barely conscious Tord. Just by his pale skin and weak form, they could tell he was sick.

“This man needs medical attention immediately!” Edd shouted to the people around him.

A few people quickly came forward and took Tord from Matt and his arms, carrying him into the hospital. Edd turned back towards the monster, just in time to see it staring at Tord's frail body, with worry, and something Edd couldn't quite describe, in its large black eye.