Chapter 24

Edd groaned, lifting his head up, and rubbed the sleep out of his eyes. Looking around he realized it was still dark out. He glanced at Tord, seeing him still asleep. Edd went to get up, but something suddenly grabbed onto his wrist. He yelped in surprise, and spun around. Tord was sitting up in his bed, his hand grasped tightly around Edd's wrist.

“E-Edd?” he asked, his voice rough.

“Tord! You're awake!” Edd exclaimed, grabbing Tord's hand into his own.

“W-Where's Tom?”

Edd stared at him blankly, “Tom?” he asked.

“Yes, h-he was with me wasn't he?”

“No, but there was one of those monsters. It carried you here.”

“Yes! That’s Tom, where is he?”

Edd was so confused, “What do you mean? Tom’s the monster?”

“Yes! What did I just say, pay attention! Tom saved me and has been taking care of me.”

Edd laughed awkwardly, “Tord, that's impos-”

Suddenly, the door was slammed open, causing both of them to jump. They both turned, seeing Matt standing in the doorway, looking like a nervous wreck.

“Matt? What's wrong?” Edd asked, letting go of Tord's hand.

“I found Tom!” Matt exclaimed.

Edd's eyes widened in shock, “Where?!”

Matt turned to his right, reaching out, grabbing something. There were sounds of struggle, before Matt yanked hard, causing someone to stumble into their view. Edd gasped. Standing right in front of him was Tom. Or what seemed to be Tom. They had Tom’s hair, and his black eyes, but they also had purple horns, long black ears, monster-like hands and feet, and a swaying black tail.

“Tom? Is that really you?” Edd asked.

Tom nodded, keeping his head down, staring at the white tiled floor. Edd got over his shock, quickly running to Tom, and tackling him in a hug.

“Oh thank god!” Edd cried. “We thought you were dead!”

Tom let out a small chuckle, “What? Don't you have any faith in me?”

Edd laughed, “Sorry, I guess not.”

Tom pulled away, looking between both Edd and Matt, “God I missed you guys so much.”

Someone let out a loud cough.

Tom turned, seeing Tord sitting up in his hospital bed looking at him accusingly.

“So you didn't miss me? I see how it is.”

Tom smiled, stepping around Edd, and walking towards him.

“Awe come on Tord, of course I missed you!”

Tord grunted, turning his head away from Tom, and pouted.

Tom chuckled again, stepping closer. “I was so worried, I thought you were going to die “ he said seriously.

Tord turned and stared at him, “Really?”

Tom nodded, “Yes.”

“Why?”

“Because then I wouldn't be able to do this.”

“Wha-”

Before Tord could even respond, Tom grabbed the back of his head, and clamped his lips onto his. Tord froze, too shocked to move, but as soon as Tom began to move his lips, Tord started to react, moving his lips along with Tom's. After about a minute they pulled away, breathing heavily.

“W-Why did you do that?” Tord asked softly.

“Because Tord, jeg elsker deg.”

Tord stared at him in shock, seeing the pure emotion hidden within his eyes, and smiled.

“Jeg elsker deg også, Tom.”