Chapter 8

Tord opened his eyes, only to be met with the bright rays of the sun. He tried to cover his eyes with his arm, but found that couldn't, not with it being trapped beneath layers and layer of blankets, that strangely smelled strongly of alcohol. He stared to get up, but froze when something beside him moved. He slowly moved his head in its direction, only to find the huge sleeping body of the monster from the previous night. Tord was suddenly wide awake, and scrambling away from the creature, causing it to finally wake, and lift it head up in his direction. Tord looked around trying to find any sort of of weapon that he could use for protection. His eyes landed on a broken bottle of what looked to be Smirnoff, and he lunged at it, grabbing it, and holding it out towards the creature in a threatening manner. It watched him wearily, back arched, and slowly started to crawl toward him. Tord tired to back up further, but felt a sharp pain in his leg and cried out. He dropped the bottle, letting it clanged against the floor, and clutched his thigh. He looked back over at the monster, only to find its head just a foot away from his. Tord tried to move away again, but this thigh erupted in pain, causing him to cry out again. He stopped struggling seeing as the more he moved, the more pain he was going to be in. That and the monster wasn't attacking him, only staring. He decided to just let the thing do as it pleased, not caring if it did end up attacking and eating him. He stared at the beast as it lowered its head and started sniffing at his thigh, which was now covered in dry blood. Then it opened it mouth like before, and let it tongue slip out, lapping at his skin. Tord realized that by moving around to quickly he had reopened the wound in his thigh, causing it to start bleeding once again. Once the beast was finished, it backed away a couple feet, and stared at him expectedly.

“Uh, thanks,” Tord said quietly.

The monster’s eye widen, almost as if it hadn't actually expected him to say thank you. Giving him a soft snort of acknowledgement, it turned around and walked away. Tord watched as it stood on its hind legs, and climbed through a large hole in the ceiling. He started to panic, thinking it was leaving him for good.

“Wait!” He cried.

It stopped and looked down at him one last time, before walking away.

“No, stop! Wait! Come back!” Tord cried out, tears running down his face.

But it didn't listen. It didn’t come back.