Chapter 11

After Tord was done having a little pity party for himself, he stood up, and started looking around again. His eyes landed on something. He walked over and gently ran his fingers across the strings of the checkered white and black guitar. Tord smiled. Susan, Tom’s most prized possession. This only confirmed Tord's suspicion of this being Tom's hangout. He gently pulled at the strings, enjoying the sweet melody it made. Tom never let anyone touch her, let alone play her. The temptation was just too strong. Tord sat down on the floor, and lifted Susan into his arms. He thought about what to play for a second, before choosing one of his favorite songs. He began to play, singing along.

In a few weeks
I will get time
To realize it's right before my eyes
And I can take it if it's what I want to do

I am leaving
This is starting to feel like
It's right before my eyes
And I can taste it
It's my sweet beginning

And I can tell just what you want
You don't want to be alone

And I can't say it's what you know
But you've known it the whole time
Yeah, you've known it the whole time

Maybe next year
I'll have no time
To think about the questions to address
Am I the one to try to stop the fire

I wouldn't test you
I'm not the best you could have attained
Why try anything
I will get there
Just remember I know

And I can tell just what you want
You don't want to be alone

And I can't say it's what you know
But you've known it the whole time
Yeah, you've known it the whole time

Tord continued to sing, closing his eyes, and swaying his head along to the music.

And I can tell just what you want
You don't want to be alone

And I can't say it's what you know
But you've known it the whole time
Yeah, you've known it the whole time

Just as he was finishing the last note, Tord heard a loud thump behind him, a few clangs, like metal hitting the floor, and then a loud angry roar. He quickly spun around, only to be face to face with a pissed off monster. Tord paled. The monster let out another roar and Tord dropped Susan, and scooted over to a nearby wall, pressing his back against it. He watched the beast with wide eyes as it bent its head down, sniffing at Susan, seeming to be seeing if she was okay, before turning and glaring at Tord. It then started to slowly crawl towards him, and he panicked, trying desperately to get away. The beast let out another roar, and Tord felt tears stream down his face. He closed his eyes, trying to stop them from flowing. Suddenly, he felt something wet caress his face, and opened his eyes to see the creature staring at him with concern in its eye, and softly licking away his tears. However, this only cause the tears to flow harder, until he was quietly sobbing. The monster, not knowing what else to do, continued to lick him all over his face, catching all the tears that fell.