Chapter 6| Encountering a Pervert, One Must have a Sharp Tongue

When the carriage stopping in front of the wide gates of Tianlong Academy, the Xia Family steward rushed to open the door. Xiao Zhong and Xia Ling-Er's servant girl stepped down first, before turning and offering their arms in support to the young misses.

Xia Meixiang watched as the smaller carriage rolled to a stop behind the other one, releasing Xiao Li and Xia Ling-Er's other attendant.

"Second Older Sister, I will see you again. I see my friends over there, take care." Xia Ling-Er swiftly departed, her two attendants following behind her closely.

Xia Meixiang released a weary breath. Dealing with fake faeries was not easy, be it modern times or ancient, regardless of the element of fantasy. "Let us go register," she spoke to Xiao Li and Xiao Zhong.

A half hour later, Xia Meixiang had received a jade slate with information on the various classes inscribed in it. She had already received one before coming to the academy from her cousin Lan Yu, who told her it was far more detailed. She frowned as she probed the tablet with her spirit essence. This was true, the slate Lan Yu gave her was far more detailed than this one.

She passed the tablet to Xiao Zhong, saying, "Xiao Zhong, you and Xiao Li choose your classes from this list. Be prudent."

Xiao Zhong received the tablet with wide eyes, her round face in disbelief. "Mistress..."

The day before, Senior Shi Dai had hammered into their heads that Xia Meixiang would choose their courses for them and that they would fulfill her expectations. Instead, their mistress gave them a choice.

Xiao Zhong was already aware that Xia Meixiang treated them very well compared to other servants. She scolded them and they were punished accordingly, but their mistress never humiliated them or demeaned them.

She would even give them small gifts and tokens if she was pleased. Xiao Zhong absently touched the belled ribbons in her hair, her gaze growing more reverent towards her mistress.

Xia Meixiang was oblivious to the fact that she had been elevated to the fact that in the eyes of Xiao Zhong, she was now a saint. She simply led the to an unoccupied pavilion and began cultivating.

The density of qi within the academy far exceeded the density in the Xia Family land. It was truly a resourceful place to cultivate.

There were four academies in the country of Fanrong, named for the Four Dragons Monarch's four beasts: Tianlong, Dilong, Shenlong and Fuzanglong. Among them, Tianlong stood out as the best, full of rich young masters and misses who paid to maintain this environment for themselves. The protagonist had the chance to enter Tianlong, but upon his childhood friend harem-member being rejected due to a jealous young miss from an influential going against her, he instead went to Dilong Academy, which was the direct rival of Tianlong.

Xia Meixiang mentally massaged her temples. This protagonist was truly either stupidly loyal, or impulsively stupid. It was at Tianlong Academy that his mother left his inheritance the Heaven Breaking Blade, which he would not get until the fourth arc, when he must infiltrate the school to save Xia Ling-Er.

The handy little power boost ensured that the perpetrators were scrapped by three cultivation levels.

Shaking away those concerns, Xia Meixiang instead chose to cultivate. Her current level- 4 Star Qi Sensory -was considered good for her age, and her foundation was reinforced by BaoBao's tyrannical instruction every day. Though she lacked the aptitude for slapping faces with her boundless talent like the protagonist, she was sufficient enough to be declared a genius.

Feeling the qi from the surrounding area trickle slowly toward her dantian, she breathed deeply, expanding her senses as her sea of qi expanded as well.

Suddenly she narrowed her eyes and stopped meditating, bouncing to her feet. Xiao Li and Xiao Zhong did the same, their expressions murderous.

"We should leave," she ordered, making for the entrance. But it was too late.

Soon at the entrance of the pavilion, a stocky youth with shaggy hair and ill fitting green and blue robes appeared. He leered openly at Xia Meixiang and Xiao Zhong, the smack of his lips audible. "It seems that you grew up quite fine. I your father am pleased."

Xia Meixiang resisted the urge to vomit blood. Who's trying to please you, ugly toad!

Before her stood the First Young Master of the Chen Family, Chen He. A lascivious and disgusting fellow with a perverted mind at the ripe age of fifteen, he was the eyesore Xia Meixiang avoided more than Xia Ling-Er.

In Fanrong Country aside from the Imperial Tang family, there were two Ducal houses (originally three but one fell under the schemes of another) and the Four Great Families: the Chen, the Gu, the Wei and the Xia. Every so often, the Imperial Family would hold banquets and ceremonies in which all the wealthy households would attend.

Over the course of eight years, Xia Meixiang had been forced into his "company" six times, and each time, the eldest Di son of the Chen Family disgusted her even more.

The Chen and the Xia families did not have a good relationship with each other. It began generations ago but even now trickled down to the younger generation. Why, was never explained in the novel really. The protagonist simply crushed the family for Xia Ling-Er and moved on.

Xia Meixiang stared at Chen He, barely veiled disgust in her gaze.

"Should I congratulate the beauty on getting that much closer to me?" Chen He sneered, taking a step forward.

Xia Meixiang took a step back, contempt clear in her eyes. Chen He was a 4-Star Qi-Gathering Realm. Although it was not hard earned or stable, he was still a cultivation realm above Xia Meixing. With Xiao Li and Xiao Song's protection, she would easily escape, but then Chen He would turn his attentions to her Little Bell, and no one was allowed to humiliate her people.

"Young Master Chen, I ask you let us leave." Xia Meixiang bit out.

Chen He continued to block the entrance, his gaze focused on the forms of Xia Meixiang and Xiao Zhong. "Why do you keep insisting on playing hard to get. You know the only use your Xia Family has is being the bed warmers for my Chen Family. That mark on your forehead proves it. You'll be just like your uncle."

Xia Meixiang face became expressionless, her eyes losing any emotion. "Absolutely vulgar. The Chen family's Eldest Master really lacked foresight and let an uncultured dog masquerade as a human all these years. It is a good thing that Patriarch Chen can differentiate the good from the bad." The words were vicious and pointed.

Who didn't know that the weak point of Chen He was his father's shortcomings in the eyes of the Chen Family Patriarch. Chen He's father the eldest son of Patriarch Chen was weak willed and talentless when compared to his younger brothers, especially the Third Master. Although most of Patriarch Chen's offspring were lacking, the Third branch was rather sound in judgement and had good talent. It was well known that Patriarch Chen considered the Third Master his heir.

The Third master's son and daughter pair also were talented and stood upright, both considered ten year old geniuses of the younger generation. Such a thing disgraced Chen He, who only got to his current state my bullying away supplies from his many younger illegitimate siblings to boost himself.

"Xia Meixiang, you dare!?!" Chen He spat.

Xia Meixiang raised one brow, her lips curved in a mocking smile. "The dog still speaks. If you were my dog, I would have left you by the edge of a cliff and thrown a bone over."

The murderous aura pouring off Chen He was no less than the absolute chill radiating from Xia Meixiang. Just as Chen He took a step towards her, a voice penetrated the dense fog of antagonism.

"Young Master Chen is really bold, to assault a young lady in my presence."