Chapter 8| The Unoriginal 1-Star Screenplay: Lady Wei Wants to Play?

Xia Meixiang and Gu Zhulin both looked over to see two new faces approaching. Leading was Xia Ling-Er, her faerie-like countenance all the more irritating to Xia Meixiang, who had just had to deal with an annoying situation already.

"Third Younger Sister." Xia Meixiang curtly replied.

Behind her cousin was another irritating face- Wei Qi Qi, the Second Young Miss of the Wei Family.

When Xia Meixiang first met Wei Qi Qi, she thought that even if she could not reverse the fate of Xia Meixiang to be hated by this girl, the least she could do was create indifference between them. Instead, it seemed her insecurities and distaste for Xia Meixiang welled up uncontrollably.

Wei Qi Qi was depicted in novel as having a lifelong crush on Gu Zhulin. Because Xia Meixiang was engaged to Gu Zhulin, Wei Qi Qi hated her. Of course, Xia Ling-Er could have also played a hand in it all, but Xia Meixiang believed the girl was simply spiteful. At least half the rumors floating around about Xia Meixiang were caused by her poisonous mouth.

It was well-known among their generation that Wei Qi Qi was a big gossip; anything you wanted to know about the xiaojie and gongzi first passed through Wei Qi Qi. However, no one openly alienated her, for fear she would retaliate by upturning dirt onto them.

When Wei Qi Qi laid her eyes on Gu Zhulin, her heart was fluttering in her chest. She could only see him. However, when Xia Meixiang spoke, the fluttering stopped. She scowled at the pretty young woman standing beside her Gu Zhulin.

"Second Young Miss Wei," Xia Meixiang greeted her as well, her tone polite and devoid of emotion.

Wei Qi Qi's scowl grew. How could her precious ZhuZhu fall into the hands of that poisonous viper Xia Meixiang.

"Second Young Miss Xia, did my eyes deceive me or did I see Young Master Chen He?" Wei Qi Qi jumped right to the juiciest meat.

Wei Qi Qi had been trying to ruin Xia Meixiang for years now, but no amount of gossip seemed to sway the decisions of the Gu Family to annul the marriage agreement between Gu Zhulin and that poisonous slut. So when Xia Ling-Er had come to her last week with a scheme to ruin her cousin, she had not thought twice.

Having one of her many minions lead that pervert Chen He towards Xia Meixiang when she was alone, she had thought at the very least she can have her disgraced. Instead Gu Zhulin had went looking for that slut to guide her through her first day.

Wei Qi Qi still tried to salvage her plans, trying to stir doubt in the mind of her beloved ZhuZhu.

Unexpectedly, Xia Meixiang simply sneered, "Young Miss Wei, your eyes are quite good. From where did you see Young Master Chen?"

Wei Qi Qi paled, biting her lower lip. Why is it that whenever she faced Xia Meixiang she felt dumber and dumber? Although she was older than Xia Meixiang, she always failed to the girl! It was truly frustrating!

"My eyes are naturally good," Wei Qi Qi boasted, "I am a 1-Star Qi Body Refining cultivator!"

Xia Meixiang gave her an insincere smile. "So you can see into the past when you become a Qi Body Refiner practitioner? Or perhaps that is a sacred technique the Wei family cultivates?" Her jeering attitude ruffled Wei Qi Qi like nothing else.

"Xia Meixiang, watch your words!"

"Then you watch yours!" snapped Xia Meixiang, her hands resting akimbo to her hips. The smile on her lips dropped into a withering scowl.

Wei Qi Qi shivered. When was Xia Meixiang this fierce? In the past, Xia Meixiang had been an equally easy and frustrating target. One could say anything about her but it could never get a reaction. Why choose now to retaliate?

"Xia Meixiang, what are you saying?" Gu Zhulin demanded to know, reminding Wei Qi Qi of his presense.

"Yes, Second Older Sister, your words make no sense!" Xia Ling-Er exclaimed.

Xia Meixiang smirked at them. "It doesn't matter if you understand my words, they are not for you. Wei Qi Qi, your scene today was terribly lacking and irritating to play in. This is the first strike."

Wei Qi Qi flushed indignantly and sputtered, "Xia Meixiang you go too far!"

Her eyes chilled considerably, sending another chill down Wei Qi Qi's spine. Although her aura was that of the Nine Qi Realms, her glare was almost like that of a yellow-level technique. "Do you truly want to play with me, Second Young Miss Wei? I can guarantee the games I play are much more difficult."

"Now you're threatening her!" Gu Zhulin pointed out, obviously furious for his longtime friend.

Xia Ling-Er chimed in as well. "Second Older Sister, I know you are angry about First Young Master Chen, but do not act rashly!"

Xia Meixiang let out a short laugh. "If you want to see rash, then continue playing these games." She turned to her silent attendants Xiao Li and Xiao Zhong and said, "We'll depart for class now."

Both Xiao Li and Xiao Zhong's eyes were distant and contemptuous, but their actions and expressions were cordial and becoming of their social status. ""This servant departs now!""

Xia Meixiang also gave a perfunctory goodbye, her expression aloof. "I will depart now. Take care."

The trio left with straight backs and determined gazes, the aura coming from them dignified and becoming, completely unlike the blatant threat Xia Meixiang imparted on her.

Wei Qi Qi felt in her heart as if she had encountered a great evil in Xia Meixiang, but found herself unwilling to accept that. That slut is just a 4-Star Qi Sensory Realm cultivator! What harm can she do to me!

*

Xia Meixiang finished the evening meal with her parents before informing them of what happened at school.

Over the past eight years, Xia Meixiang had grown into the pride of the Second Household, being both dignified and measured in her actions. She was not as arrogant as they feared she would become.

Hearing the events of what happened in the day, her mother paled, her father frowned and her Branch Elder Xia Chonglu fell silent.

"Are you certain it was that Wei girl who colluded with Chen He?" Xia Chonglu asked after a moment of silence.

"Xiao Li spotted her servant girl following us to the pavilion and then she disappeared. Before Chen He appeared, he sensed her again, but did not see her again until she appeared beside Wei Qi Qi." Xia Meixiang revealed. "I trust in Xiao Li's senses."

Though in terms of cultivation, Xiao Li was below Xia Meixiang, his senses were far more sensitive due to constant physical training. Every month Xia Yuanzhou's lead guard would take the young man into the mountains for intense training and practice. His senses and body were that of an Inner Martial Scholar cultivator, while his spirit remained that of a Qi Sensory Realm cultivator.

"I see..." Xia Chonglu murmured. "Try not to mix with that girl too much. I will speak to the other elders about this as well."

Xia Meixiang's eyes flashed with ruthlessness. "Elder Chonglu, wait a moment. I want to handle this myself."

Xia Chongli looked at his granddaughter, an expression of confusion. "Mei'er you do not have to trouble yourself with such pettiness."

Xia Meixiang shook her head. "I want to handle this myself, not for vengeance but to warn others that Xia Meixiang is not someone to be taken lightly."

Ruan Xiuxiang inwardly sighed, her face returning to its normal color. Her daughter had really grown into a fine young woman, despite some missteps here and there in her adolescence. The only bad habit she had was repaying slights.

"I will handle this accordingly and report my actions back to you." Xia Meixiang proposed. "What I hate most is when people try to make a fool of me!"

Xia Yuanzhou inwardly sighed. When she was young she hated deceit and stealing, when she is grown she hates being made a fool of... He wondered if letting her play too often with the rowdy Lan Yu from the First Household was the cause.

Xia Meixiang did not know this, but her attitude prompted her father to later make petty problems for his elder brother. In the First Household, an oblivious Xia Guangli felt a chill roll down his back.