Foreword

Life can be cruel.

People can be cruel.

Their actions can be heartless and horrible, they push and shove forward, not caring about who they hurt or destroy on their quest to be first, to be the best, to be what they want most in life. They will set others on fire just to warm themselves with the flames, ignoring the pained screaming because what they want overshadows everything else. They care about nothing but themselves and cast off those that they can no longer use or that they have broken. They are the worst of the world and they do not care that they are and sometimes they revel in it.

This story isn't about those people. Its about the people the cruel ones leave in their wake. Its about the consequences of their actions, its about following those that were set on fire to provide that little bit of warmth and light. Its about those who are left in the destruction, left in the ash.

Lilith was destroyed by the Old Ways and her Alpha mate. He demanded perfection and he destroyed her to get it. There is no rhyme or reason to her actions, there is little sanity to them and we must remember that because sometimes, when the broken shards of her mind rub together, horrible things happen to those around her.

She is stuck with a feral wolf and a mind that doesn't truly understand the world around her anymore. She is what she was made to be, broken and burned. So we must understand that broken people, broken animals, react to things much harsher, much harder, and without much warning.

So I warn you, do not judge her too harshly, for she knows not what she does.

Not truly.

Not anymore.

~~~

Are you ready to see the price that has been paid?