Chapter Twenty-Two: Part Two

"You don't want to know. I barely know and I want to hunt him down and tear into him slowly." It was a visceral and animalistic rage that came over me with the thought of him. He deserved a brutal end and I wished I would be the one who gave it to him.

"Well if I ever see him he will... What is that mundane saying, Alex? Oh yah. He will catch these hands." At the dead seriousness in my mum's voice I fought back a sudden laugh as such a youthful phrase leaving her mouth. She always knew the best ways to break the tension of a serious discussion. It made me miss her even more. I wanted her to be close enough I could pull into my arms and just hold her tight until I was filled up with her comfort and love. "When will we get to meet her?" At the abrupt question I had to pause to process who she was asking about.

"Lilith?" I assumed that was who she was talking about but I had to make sure.

"Of course. I want to come see you, meet her, meet your Alphas, meet your Beta brother, meet the pack you are in. I want to be in your life, Gelo." Her words made my eyes burn slightly and I took a shaky inhale. "I know you have a life there and a ranked position. You can't just pack up and come home, so we want to come to you."

"I... I'll ask Luka but I'm sure it would be okay." See my family? Less than an hour ago the thought never came into my mind, it was a bit too far fetched to even be entertained but now it was a very real possibility. I searched for the mindlink to Luka and swallowed hard. Hey, Luka do you mind-

Yes you can. The barrelling interruption was enough to leave me a bit confused and a tad shocked.

You don't even know what I am asking for. I didn't understand how he knew what I was talking about and was willing to agree without hearing it first.

I'm snooping on your convo through Ezekiel. The answer is yes, your family can come. I can't wait to meet them. There was a lightness to his voice that let me know he was actually excited about the prospect and it made me appreciate him that much more. Now if you excuse me, my daughter is kicking ass and I need to cheer her on. With that he closed the connection off and I smiled.

"Luka says you can come and that he can't wait to meet you." My chest felt warm and nearly overflowing. Excitement raced through my veins and I found myself nearly vibrating. I would get to see my family. I would get to have them near me and could hold them close. Even my wolf was yipping and vibrating with his excitement at the thought.

"That's great, Gelo! Now you need to let us know where your pack is." At my dad's nearly booming response I realized they were just as excited as me to reunite. I opened Luka's desk drawer, looking for his map. I found it quickly and opened it up, looking for my old pack, Invigilo. I found it nearly seventeen hundred miles south west. I blinked at the distance. I hadn't realized just how far from home I was.

"It's about seventeen hundred miles north east of you, Fortis. If you ask the nearest Hunters stop in they will be able to give you a map with a detailed description on how to get here." I carefully folded the map, letting the silence linger even though I particularly didn't like it.

"You are a long way from home, son." My dad's voice was low and there was a heavy sadness to his voice. I swallowed hard and nodded. "And you took that journey alone. It doesn't sit well with me. We should have been there with you. Anything could have happened." The statement was a loaded one, stating all his fears out for me to hear. I hated the fact I had scared him, that I made him worry.

"I'm okay, dad. Nothing happened and I am right where I need to be." I was certain I had been guided here. I didn't want to think that my life didn't have some sort of purpose, that everything happened through random chance.