Chapter Twenty-Four: Part Three

"And so the Hunter shows up and he has Micheal by the scruff of his neck in one hand and Walt in his other, and he's just covered in grease and feathers." My dad's amusement nearly boomed from him as he laughed. "I shit you not, those two fuckers deliberately tracked him down to make him, and I quote, a prissy pigeon because he keeps prancing around like one." He pointed between us and I fought to keep my innocent expression but I couldn't help it as I met Walt's gaze and we both joined in the laughter.

"I swear Vince was in on it too but they never told us." Maurice nearly wheezed as he wiped at his eyes. The amusement was thick in the air and I felt a lightness in my chest that I hadn't realized I had been missing. "Thick as thieves they were. Always in trouble but they would never snitch on each other. You caught one and you thought the other two were involved, you could not get him to give them up to save his soul." He shook his head and I watched as Vince smirked.

"Oh I was in on it. I was the one who got the Hunter into place so the other two could turn him into a pigeon. The witch he was with was really helpful, I think she was more amused than we were." He crossed his arms over his chest as he looked at his parents rather smugly.

"I fucking knew you were!" Aunt Janie pointed at him as the entire room dissolved into laughter once more. I found myself joining in, loving the remembrance with my family. We were together and we were reminiscing about just how crazy we had been as kids. I loved that, that we were together and able to do that. It meant the world to me.

Mia wrapped her arms around Vince's neck, leaning against him with a loving smile. "I always loved a bad boy." She grinned at him and he shook his head before turning his head and giving her a quick peck on the lips.

"I know." He returned her grin, his love for her shining out from his very being. I was happy for him, for the fact that both my cousins found themselves someone to love like they did. In the few times I had come out of the dark long enough I had wondered if my cousins had found themselves someone to love, to be with that could help them and care for them because I wasn't there.

"What about you, Lilith? You like bad boys?" Mia turned her gaze to Lilith who was sitting beside me, humming happily, leaning against me.

"No. Micheal is cute not a bad boy." She said it without a beat and I felt a faint heat coat my cheeks at how quickly she boiled me down into something I never thought I would be called.

Cute.

Everyone laughed and I felt the blush grow a bit more on my cheeks. "Cutting me deep, Lilith." I nudged her gently with my shoulder and she looked up at me with those wide and curious eyes.

"But you are cute." She reached up and brushed some of my hair away from my face. "I like cute." She gave me a soft smile and I found myself returning it. "Can I cut your hair?" Her gaze was intent on my hair as she twirled a longer strand around her finger. I gave her a look and she giggled, wrapping her arms around my bicep and pressing her face into my arm.

"I think she is right, Micheal." Luka gave me a teasing grin and I rolled my eyes.

"Well I agree. You are adorable." My mum winked at me and everyone else chuckled while my dad nodded his agreement.

"Yah, you are a cute and adorable baby boy!" Walt balled up his napkin and tossed it at me, I smacked it away with a chuckle.

Charlotte smacked his arm with a scowl. "Don't be rude." She hissed it out at him as a faint tinge of red coated her cheeks.

I waved her off. "No, no, Charlotte. It's okay. This is coming from someone who is a what now?" I looked at him almost as if in challenge.

"He's a Supernatural Taxation and Revenue Service accountant." Vince spoke up, a shit eating grin on his face as he said it and I smirked.