Chapter 4

"Everything alright sweetie?" My mom said as I entered the house, I had just finished track practice and there was sweat mixed in with tears.

"Emmitt cheated on me." I say and my mother's eyes had softened.

"Aww come here Mackenzie." She opened her arms to hug me.

"He WHAT?" I heard Tim from behind me.

"Tim honey, let's not make any rational decisions." My mother said to my angry brother.

•••

After I had eaten I went up to my room quietly after hearing my mom and dad try to make me feel better and Tim shout profanities about him.

"Hey, can I come in?" Tim asked, poking his head round my bedroom door. I nodded and he came and sat on my bed.

"Do you want me to beat him up for you."

"Yes." I say laughing slightly. "And Lindsay."

"Why Lindsay? I thought she was your bestfriend?"

"She was the whore who made out with my boyfriend then kicked me off of the cheer team which means that I've been kicked out of that friendship group which is humiliating."

"Damn Kenzie, I didn't realise. What a shitty way to start your senior year."

I nodded and rested my head on his shoulder. "Break ups suck."

"It will be ok." He said.

•••

When I got to school the next day, I made sure to wear something which would make Emmitt regret every bad decision he ever made.

Tim had to drive me to school which was awful seeing as he would wink at every girl who would smile at him.

"See ya." I say to Tim as I get out of the car. He nods before driving off and I make my way inside of hell.

There were a few more looks today seeing as Emmitt and I's breakup was fresh news. When I got to my locker  I saw Lindsay looking at herself once again with Cheryl by her side.

I unlocked my locker, putting my books in there. When I was about to close my locker I saw Lindsay pushed up against her locker, Emmitt practically eating her face.

I slammed my locker shut loudly making Lindsay smirk and Emmitt jump away from her. I scoffed before walking off down the corridor towards homeroom.

All my lessons were boring seeing as I had no one to talk to as I moved away from Lindsay.

Lunch time came around and I realised I had no one to sit with. I felt like a freak.

"Kenzie!" Someone shouted from the end of the caf and I looked to see Brendan waving. I walked over to him and he moved over and gestured for me to sit down.

I noticed his friends were all looking at me apart from one, Ryder.

"Guys, this is Kenzie."

"Hi Kenzie." One of them said with a smirk and a wink which made Brendan roll his eyes. Everyone was incredibly attractive and considerably nice. Including me in conversations, apart from Ryder.