Chapter 33

Whilst I was sunbathing by the pool, I heard voices from inside the house and music playing. That meant one thing: Tim had his friends round. I turned onto my front to tan my back after tying my hair up into a pony tail. 

"Hey," I hear from beside me, I look up to see Zane and I give him a small smile. "You good."

He was wearing swimming trunks and no shirt so I imagined that Tim had invited his friends for a pool party.

"Yeah, better than the last time you saw me." I say jokingly and he lets out a small laugh. "Do you mind putting lotion on my back?"

"Sure." He says, grabbing the lotion and lathering my back. I groaned in pleasure as he massaged gently. He stopped after a minute or so and I whined.

"That felt so good." I sighed, resting up on my elbows to look at Zane who had one eyebrow raised.

I saw his excitement through his trunks and let out a laugh.

"I need to cool off." He said, jumping into the pool where Tim was with a few of his other friends. Molly came out with two glasses full of something and made her way over to me. She was staying with us until her aunt and uncle came back from Holiday next week.

"I made us some cocktails," she placed one on the table beside me, "sex on the beach." She winked before laying on the sun lounger next to me.

I was planning on going to school on Monday seeing as I needed to get that scholarship for next year. Molly was also going into school with me as she didn't want to go back to her old school and face everyone there.

"So tell me about your school." Molly said as we looked through my closet.

"So there's Lindsay, she used to be my best friends. Captain of the cheer team and dating Emmitt who is the captain of the football team oh and used to be my boyfriend."

"Let me guess... he cheated on you for her?"

"Exactly. Then there's Lindsay's group who copy everything she does and I'm ashamed that I used to be like them. Then there's Ella and her friendship group who are probably the nicest girls in the school. They're so genuine. They're names are Annie, Hannah and Georgia."

"Then there's obviously Ryder and his friends."

"Have you seen Ryder since Thursday?"

"No... I feel kind of bad. You know for pushing him away like that when all he was trying to do was help."

"He understands. Trust me." She gave me a smile.

"Isn't it awkward between you two?" I asked her and she thought about it for a second.

"Not really.. I mean I guess there was nothing really there anyway." She shrugged.

We continued picking out outfits for each other for tomorrow whislt talking about random things. Molly was also pretty popular in her school and she met both Tim and Ryder in one of their massive house parties.

The man reached in his pocket and pulled out a pocket knife, which made me take in a sharp and shaky breath. He hid it slightly in his jacket so that no one else could see it. I felt tears brim in my eyes as I tried to control my breathing. I knew that Brendan was due to come out anytime now.

"We're going to walk out of here, normally. If you dare bring attention to us, I won't hesitate to hurt you. Understand?" He whispered in my ear, pressing the knife against my side discreetly. I nodded hesitantly, hoping that Brendan would walk out at any moment but he didn't. I blinked away my tears unable to control them.

"It's okay Mackenzie," I familiar voice said from somewhere, "I'm here. I'm here sweetie."

I woke up suddenly in the arms of my mother. My head was on her lap as she brushed her hand through my hair softly.

"Mom?" I murmured.

"I'm here sweetie." She whispered.

"Stay with me?" I sobbed.

"Of course."