Chapter 25

(A/N Going to be uploading at least a chapter every day)

Piz has wanted me to collect a large sum of money from another guy across town. As shady as it sounds, I had been doing things that were a lot worse these past couple of days and this wouldn't even cut it.

"Brendan?" I said, putting my phone on speaker and throwing it onto the passenger seat of the car.

"Jesus Ryder, where have you been? Mackenzie is missing we can't find her anywhere."

I let out a sigh before brushing a hand through my hair.

"She's with Piz."

"She's.. she's with.."

"I know.. I had unfinished business with him and he just... blackmailed me into doing work for him."

"Fucking hell Ryder." Brendan shouted down the phone. "Tell me that you're with her now though."

"She's with Piz at his hideout, he won't give her to me unless I finish where he left off last year."

"And what's that?"

"I have to collect 500,000 dollars from Lars."

"Lars?" Brendan chokes, "you are not doing that by yourself Ryder. Lars hates you."

"Yeah well... If I don't do this then god knows what will happen to Mackenzie."

The thought chills me and I have to take in a breath to compose myself.

"I'll tell Tim and his friends... they helped us last time. They'll help us again."

"He's going to kill me Brendan. If he knows his sister is with Piz... I'm never going to see her again... We're never going to see her again."

Brendan sighs, "I'm coming for back up. Text me the address."

Before I can argue, he hangs up the phone and I slam my hand against the steering wheel in frustration. "Fuck!"

I needed to get this money and see Tim myself.

When I pulled up to the house, memories started flooding in. Last year was torture. I put everyone through hell and history is repeating itself.

I grabbed the black duffel bag from the trunk and headed towards the front door. Music was playing from inside and I could smell pot.

"Ryder! Long time no see." Lars laughed. He was a lot younger that Piz - who was in his early 30s.

"Yeah.. Piz wants the money."

"Alright, come in." He grins, stepping aside. I look through to the lounge to see multiple girls half naked, grinding on Lars' men. "Want to join us?" Lars nudged me and I shook my head.

Lars was nice when he was high but if I made one wrong move, I knew that he would flip into someone worse than Piz.

He led me into a kitchen where another girl was sat on the counter, smoking a joint. She was young probably in junior year but she didn't go to my school otherwise she would've noticed me. She bit her lip and took in my appearance, making me slightly uncomfortable.

"Here it is." Lars says, taking the duffel bag from me and placing it on the counter. I start loading it up, counting as I go.

"You're 100,000 dollars short." I say flatly.

"So?" Lars says between his teeth and I know that he's close to getting annoyed.

"Piz said 500,000."

"If Piz wants 500,000 then he'll have to get it from me himself."

"Just give me the money Lars."

"Or what?"

"Don't..." I sigh, not wanting to get into an argument with him. If Kenzie's life wasn't on the line I may of beat him up.

"I'll make you a deal..." Lars hooked his arm round the girl who had jumped off of the counter and latched herself onto his side, "you take me to Piz.. he gets his money and you never have to see him again. Deal?"

"Why are you being so nice to me Lars?" I cross my arms over my chest and lean back on the counter.

"Because... I've made some mistakes, I know that. Leaving Piz's gang has made me realise that what we did last year was a bit.. far."

"You don't say.. Do you understand what you had done to that girl? Her life was ruined after what you lot did to her and now you're realizing that you went a bit far?"

The girl on Lars' side shifted uncomfortably.

"And I understand that Ryder. Don't forget... it was Piz who did that to her."

"And you-"

"Not completely. It was in the past, there's nothing I can do about it.. but I can make Piz pay for everything." He smiled and I glanced away from his eye contact for a second to think.

"Fine."

"Well then, take me to Piz?" Lars grinned.

"I need to make a quick stop on the way."