Chapter 15

I rested my elbows on the island opposite to where Brendan was making a sandwich and looked at his muscles contract as he cut up-

"You ok there Kenzie?" Brendan smirked at me, giving a glance.

"Yep." I reply, walking round the island, dragging my finger along the counter as I did so.

"What are you doing Kenz?" He asks me as I stopped beside him and bit my lip.

"Nothing... I'm just hungry." I whisper and he gazes at me, dropping the knife he was holding onto the island and moves his hands to my waist. He slowly backs me up onto the counter behind me and presses his lips against mine. I slid my tongue into his mouth swiftly, catching him off guard making me smirk slightly before I travelled my hands up his torso and round his neck, pulling him closer and deepening the kiss.

"Let's take this to my room?" He moaned into the kiss and I kissed the corner of his mouth as he did so. I hummed in reply before hearing a cough from behind Brendan.

He turned to see Ryder leaning on the door frame with his arms crossed.

"You like staring at people makeout?" I joked then giggled at myself before biting my cheek because no one was laughing with me.

"She's drunk... you can't take advantage of her." Ryder says and I raise an eyebrow.

"I'm not taking advantage of her." Brendan says, as they stare each other down.

"I'm not drunk." I say still trying not to laugh at this situation we were all in. I looked down at the floor to hide my smile. I don't know why I was laughing at this particular moment in time because both Brendan and Ryder were still arguing.

"Alright Mr." I walked up to Ryder and poked his chest. "I am going to bed before you tell me off." I laughed at myself "again." I winked at him and he rolled his eyes.

Brendan followed behind me shortly before being stopped by Ryder who whispered something in his ear making Brendan's jaw tense. He then walked towards me, placing a hand on the small of my back and guiding me to his room.

It was a fairly big sized room with a few modern art paintings on the wall and a double bed which looked hella comfy.

"You okay?" I asked him, sitting on his bed, looking up at him.

"Yeah I'm okay." He smiled walking towards me. He stroked my cheek before turning away and going to the closet, he pulled out a shirt and gave it to me.

I quickly undressed, slipping the grey tee shirt over my head and crawling into Brendan's soft bed.

He got in next to me and I looked at him get comfy.

"What did Ryder say to you?" I whispered and cuddled up to his side, not sure if he wanted me to or not but he wrapped his arm around me and pulled me up against him. This sort of affection was weird but I thought nothing of it seeing as I was too intoxicated to care.

"Nothing that matters." He whispers back. "Go to sleep."

I looked up at him and he was looking up at the ceiling in deep thought. I kissed his jawline wanting to feel his lips on mine, trailing kisses down to his neck.

"Mackenzie-" He whispered.

"Ssh baby." I said against his skin.

"Mackenzie, we can't do this. You're drunk."

"No I'm not."

"Let's just sleep yeah,"

"If you give me a kiss." I tell him and he smiles, kissing me gently. I hummed in satisfaction before getting comfy and closing my eyes.