Chapter 8

I woke up with a pounding headache... not in my bed but in someone else's. A arm was draped round my waist and I was... Naked?

Oh god.

I looked to my right to see who it was and I'm pretty sure I swore out loud because Brendan woke up and looked up at me and his eyes widened.

"Did we.." I stutter and he pulls his arm away from my waist.

"I think we.." He looks under the blanket and his eyes widen before he smirks.

"Brendan! Don't laugh about this."

He giggles a bit more which makes me laugh and lay back down, covering my face with a pillow.

"I don't remember a thing." He says  and I feel the bed undip as he gets out.

"Neither." I mumbled. "Are you dressed yet?"

"Nope. But you can look."

"No thanks."

After a while, I had gotten dressed and had put my hair up in a messy bun with the only hairband I had on my wrist.

"I wish I could remember last night, I bet it was really good." Brendan says as we go out of his room. I swat his arm before we make out way downstairs. Jeremiah and Blake were a sleep on the couches and Ryder was in the kitchen, sat on a stool by the breakfast bar.

"What are you doing here?" Ryder asks me and my  eyes widen.

"Oh I um.. I just slept.. um"

"She slept in my room.. but nothing happened." Brendan interrupted. I'm guessing he didn't want anyone to know about last night either.

"Right.. Do you need a ride home Mackenzie?"

I'm taken back by his use of my full name no 'princess' but I nod and he picks up his keys from the counter.

"I'll be back in a bit." Ryder said to Brendan who gave me the 'oh no he's annoyed for some reason' look to me. "Mackenzie. Let's go." Ryder snapped and I turned to walk out.

He didn't say anything to me for the first 5 minutes of the drive so I decided to break the painful silence.

"Thanks for last night."

"Yeah.. no problem." He glances over at me.

"Did you  sleep with Brendan?" He asks suddenly and I mentally panic.

"Um no?"

"He really likes you, Princess."

"I mean yeah, we've become really good friends."

"No I mean... like likes you."

"No way." I cough.

"Yes way." He mimics me and I glare at him. He gives me a goofy smile before looking back at the road. I couldn't help but smile back at him and his dimples.

"Do you hate it when Lindsay hits on you?" I ask him suddenly, wanting to change the subject.

"What?"

"You know when she twirls her hair and pushes her boobs out when you're near her."

"She does that? I didn't even notice." He smirks at me.

"Of course you didn't." I look at him again, "You must be used to it." I say mimicking his voice which makes him laugh.

"Well.. I notice whenever I called you princess, you flush." I turn my face away from him and look out the window, smiling.

"It's because I'm flushing in anger."

"Of course it is Princess." He pauses for a minute and I could sense him looking at me. "Look at me."

"No." I say still looking at of the window.

"Is it because you're blushing?" He makes fun of me and I turn to look at him to slap his arm but at the same time he turns to look at me and smiles. "You're blushing!"

"Shut up you asshole."

He laughs and it's the most beautiful sound I have ever heard in my whole entire life. We pulled up outside my house and I see my mom through the window, cleaning the kitchen.

"Fuck," I say under my breath.

"What's wrong?"

"My mom is awake."

"Well duh, it's like 12pm."

I rolled my eyes before thinking of what to do.

"I'm gonna have to climb onto my balcony." I sigh and Ryder laughs. "Anyway, thanks for the ride."

"See you on Monday," He pauses and gets a good look at me, "Princess." I roll my eyes with a smile before shutting his car door and sneaking over to the side of the house. I see Ryder still looking at me and by the look on his face he was laughing at me so I flipped him off before he drove away.

•••

I texted Tim to open my balcony door and he looked at me like I was bat shit crazy.

"Like you haven't snuck into the house before." I say to him and he rolls his eyes.

"Who dropped you home?" He asked me as I threw my heels onto the floor.

"Someone."

"Was it Brendan?"

"No"

"Who was it then?"

"None of your concern."

He was about to open his mouth to shout for my mother so I covered it and sighed.

"Ryder Wilson."

His eyes widened and he screamed behind my hand.

"Shut up!" I shout in a whisper.

"Are you crazy?!" Tim shouted back quietly at me. "Ryder Wilson is such a jerk. You don't know what he does in his free time."

"What does he do?"

"It doesn't matter but stay away from him Mackenzie. I mean it."

"You can't tell me what to do."

"Yes I can."

"Says who?"

"Mom and dad."

"You wouldn't dare-"

"Mooooom!" Tim shouts and I hop into my bed, hiding under the covers.

"Tim I'll listen to you, just don't tell mom or dad, they think I'm an innocent little girl."

"What's up Honey?" My mom shouted from the bottom of the stairs.

"Don't worry Mom!" Tim shouted back and I let out a sigh.

"God you are such an asshole."