2.

I can hear Abby's voice traveling through the hallways, accompanied by another voice. To say that the feminine pitch is unfamiliar would be a joke upon itself. The only familiar people of the ark are long dead, apart from Dr. Griffin of course.

Unfortunately, from my position in the next room over i can barely hear their conversation. Acting upon my inquisitive nature, i hop down from the tall work bench that i am resting on and make my way towards Abby's voice.

"You want me to get a 130 year old escape pod ready to stand up to the inferno of re-entry in 9 days?" The other voice asks, her tone holding as much skepticism as I can imagine her facial expression does.

I turn the corner, Dr. Griffin coming into view, her dirty blonde, almost light brown hair slightly mussed. The other woman I recognize almost immediately from her file that i was reading in the other room. Abby thought that it would be a point of interest for me.

Raven Reyes. Youngest zero-g mechanic in 52 years. Outstanding mechanic with high range intelligence and a stubborn personality to match. Impressive in most aspects. Her file now resides with those marked of the 100 delinquents on Earth. Everything, including her unfortunate heart murmur is listed in that file, and now also listed in my mind.

Abby turns her attention to me at the sound of my, slightly too big, combat boots hitting the metal floor. She smiles at me, calm and maternal, and i continue on towards the two women, coming to rest at Abby's side.

"Raven Reyes, meet Skye Geoffrey." I shake the hand outstretched towards me. The old leather jacket I wear squeaking with every movement, "Skye here, is going down with me." Abby finishes.

"What?" Raven blurts, she looks to be calculating things in her head. My eyes move to the drop ship behind her. Two people won't safely make the trip down there, they'd have to strap one of us, most likely me, down really tightly.

"Raven, she's going down there to help."

"It won't work Abby. That will add time onto the already heavy workload. I-I'll need another seat, more belts. There isn't enough time to get it all together." Raven snaps. Any fool could see how much pressure she is under, and I don't blame her. I don't know what Abby had told her, but she must have a really good reason to want to go to earth.

I don't even want to go. I speak before I'm aware of it, "I could help you, Raven. I spent a few of my teenage years repairing malfunctions on the ark and studying old notes from its creation," I trail off as Ravens eyes stay trained in my face, as if she is calculating something in her mind.

"I'm sorry," she begins, taking a small step towards me. Her shoulders seem to square on their own, as if she is used to intimidating people, "Who are you? I've never seen you around the Ark before, and you sure as hell haven't repaired anything while I've been around."

I adjust my posture to match hers and stand more straight. Raven stands a good three inches taller than me, so I'm forced to tilt my head slightly to accommodate the lack of comfortable space between us, "That is just it Miss Reyes, you weren't around. I was fixing this ship, a whole lot longer than you." I step back slightly, a wave of discomfort washing over me, my feet still feel slightly numb from the harsh cold, "Don't get me wrong, I read up on your abilities on my way over here, and you are by all regards impressive. Unfortunately, you seem like the type to not accept help when it is offered, and trust me, I know the ship you are building almost as well as those who created it."

"Can you do it?" Abby asks, her gaze directed towards Raven, who has pulled a large bird pendant between her fingertips.

She takes a moment of thought, her fingers still attached to the oversized pendant, "Hell yes, I can do it. But I'm going with you. I'll find a way to fit us all in, even if it means strapping shorty here to the wall," She points a slender finger in my direction, causing my brows to furrow, "You're not the only one with someone you love on the ground. Those are my terms, take it or leave it."