I remember hearing about the festivities of Unity Day, although I had never participated in them. Ironically, the day happened to fall on my birthday. It is also the anniversary of my enter into the freezer. Exactly one year after my birth, the 13th station was destroyed. My mother planned to descend to Earth, and rather than taking me with her, she left me to be raised as a pawn in the game of screwed up society.

The delivery of the weapons proved to be a useful tactic in establishing a position of power in the group. At Bellamy's instruction, I also brought to attention, the status of my birth and my purpose of my occupation at the camp. Safe to say, many were in disbelief but none outright questioned it.

Perhaps the delinquents are won over more easily than I thought. The promise of protection against the grounders, followed by the festivities of the Arkadian holiday, meant high spirits among the people.

Day quickly turned into night, until I had been dragged out of the supply depot by a bored Raven who needed a 'Drinking Buddy' for the festivities.

"Oh, come on, Geoffrey. The Earth isn't going to stop turning if our savior stops to have some fun," She mocks, a cheeky grin on her tanned face.

I roll my eyes as we take a seat near the drop ship. Before I have the chance to request one, a cup is held in front of me. My brown eyes follow the hand attached to the cup, up until I meet the dark eyes of the owner.

A small girl stares back at me. From the files, I pinpoint her as Michaela Mey. Five feet, 1 inch, 17 years old. Her eyes are so dark that they seem almost black in the low lighting, which contrasts beautifully against her soft lilac coloured hair. Her dark skin glows in the light of the fire, almost too beautiful for the world around her.

"Drink, oh holy one?" She asks melodically. Raven snickers next to me.

"Skye Geoffrey, this," she gestures to the girl, "Is Michaela Mey. Resident supermodel and smartass of camp."

The small girl shakes my hand, without my offer, "Smart? Yes. Ass? No."

Raven excuses herself to get a drink of her own, leaving Michaela to eye me questioningly. An act that quickly gets on my nerves.

"Yes?" I grunt, eyeing her over the top of my cup.

"How old are you?"

"Um," I take a moment to think, despite how normal a question that would be for anybody else, "Ninety-six? No, ninety-seven today!"

She raises a glass, and I have half a mind to halt her drinking, although technically only Blake and I should be drinking. Legally.

"Damn, grandma," She elongates her words, and I can hear a slight Spanish accent hidden under her articulation, "You look good for a senior citizen."

I involuntarily laugh at her words, and she joins me.

"It was nice to meet you," She takes a small sip from her drink, pacing herself, "After your speech last night I basically ordered Reyes to introduce me to the badass in charge. Blake is dreamy but he's nothing compared to a Virago."

I quirk a brow, "A what?"

"A woman who demonstrates exemplary and heroic qualities," She recites almost mechanically. "As well as being the resident smartass, I'm also the friendly neighbourhood logophile. Lover of words. My time in lock-up was spent with a variety of dictionaries and thesauruses of different languages and origins. I'm kind of a nerd." She shrugs.

I gingerly sip at my drink, wincing at the taste. "That is-"

"Amazing, I know!" She interrupts, smiling as Murphy and Jasper walk up behind me.