I barely slept last night, planning with Bellamy and Clarke to make a beeline for the crash site at first light. I can only imagine the damage, and all I can do to not worry too much is hope that Dr Griffin decided to wait for the second dropship.

It also confuses me as to how the Exodus ship received approval to launch before scheduled.

The crash site is horrible. The smell of burnt wood lingers in the area, although it is common after the exposure to campfires since my arrival. What is not common, is the scent and sight of burnt flesh and severed limbs.

I must admit, it is hard to hold my stomach.

The ground is formed into a deep crater, and I can imagine that it won't go down well with the grounders who want us dead. Bellamy stalks the area with a rifle, eyes full of emotion.

He and I haven't exchanged many words since the debacle at the bridge and I have no intention of conveying to any of those involved that they are even close to forgiven for their disobedience. Namely, Michaela, who directly defied my orders.

Her forgiveness has not been without trying. Guilt seems to be the only emotion the purple haired girl is capable of expressing right now, although I managed to explain my displeasure as she tidied up the messy cut I performed on my unruly hair.

She accepted the information with a curt nod. The girl had good intentions, although she thought with her heart over her mind, and she defied a direct order from one of her leaders, but followed the orders of her other two leaders. I can't stay too mad at her.

I step over a severed arm, promising to myself that I will forgive the girl once we are done at the crash site.

Charred corpses decorate the area, and many of the delinquents in the area cringe and hold back tears. Smoke billows out from many different points and I stumble on a piece of metal poking out from the ground.

Bellamy's arm wraps round my waist, stabilizing my body before I hit the ground.

The gesture is awkward, but I nod in thanks either way. My now short hair shakes around my head with the gesture.

I walk towards Finn and Raven, hoping to avoid the man next to me.

"Clarke shouldn't be out here," Finn says to nobody in particular and the concern for the blonde is evident.

"Dr Griffin was on the ship," I answer, crossing my arms over my chest, "If it was my mother than I would be out here too."

I think.

"You want to help her, find me the black box, hard drives, anything that will explain why this ship crashed," Raven says, her voice hard.

Finn's eyes keep moving up to Clarke, almost ignoring Raven completely and I roll my eyes at the boy.

While Raven participated in yesterday's events at the bridge, her and I share no ill-feelings as I know she is the most trustworthy friend I have on the planet.

"Stay sharp," I hear Bellamy command, "Grounder retaliation for what happened on the bridge is coming. Just a matter of when."

"Do not fire unless I say so," I shout, fixing my eyes on the man, "We are trying to withhold a war, not further escalate one through impulsive actions as we did yesterday." His eyes don't meet mine, but the eyes of multiple delinquents do. They wanted something to believe in, and unfortunately, that something turned out to be my fairy tale, and they all have placed a portion of faith in my leadership.

Ironic considering I have done nothing to earn it.

"Can you blame them for wanting to attack?" Finn asks Bellamy, facing the opposite direction despite the direction of his words.