I slowly come to, my body numb and as I open my eyes, I can see that my helmet is slightly cracked. Willing my arms to move, I slowly reach to my front, unbuckling my seat belt. I can see through the window of the ship that it is getting bright outside, the stars had already faded away.

Despite my, little over a week on the Ark, I haven't truly watched the stars in nearly a century. Astrology was never a part of my teachings when I was younger, although I have always found comfort in knowing that at one point, my mother looked at the exact same stars that I look at now.

I push my weight against the door, groaning as it budges slightly, allowing me to shoulder-barge it, pushing it the rest of the way open. This place, is what my mother had in mind when she created her final experiment. Her 'Nightblood'. Her diary reads that the Nightblood serum allows an extensive durability against radiation, the downside being that I bleed blood as dark as the night sky. Hence the name.

I pull my helmet from my head, cringing when I hear it detach from the suit with an awful ripping sound. The suit follows quickly, ripping in any way i can force it to, benefit of wearing a suit older than you are. I turn my gaze back to Raven, who remains unconscious, and despite every shred of better judgment I have, i rip a page from one of my Mother's books, reaching for a random pen and scrawl a note for the younger girl, informing her that I have gone to find some water and will be back.

I pull my jacket from my small form, leaving my arms bare in the form-fitting shirt I wear. Shout out, once again, to America. The modest clothes of my youth thank you!

The landing has sent my legs slightly numb, much like the feeling of after I left cryo, and i trip over both my own feet and any sticks and plants in my way. My ears pick up on the sounds of some birds, what I assume are crickets, and the sound of grazing animals.

I turn to walk back towards the ship, but when I get there I am met with the tan girl awake and talking to a blonde girl leaning inside of the pod. She helps Raven out if the suit and I watch as the girl takes her first steps on Earth.

I move closer to the two, watching as the blonde girl eyes me wearily. I pat Raven on the shoulder as she marvels at the world around us and lean in to the pod to grab my cardboard box. I check to make sure everything is there, the journals, the research books, and Raven's toolkit.

I look back to see Raven spinning in a slow circle with her arms outstretched.

"I dreamed it would smell like this," She laughs, a wide grin on her face which, despite my protests, forces a grin onto my face as well. I pull my leather jacket from where i dumped my spacesuit in the pod and fold it before i load it into my box as well.

A few cold droplets fall down from the sky, landing on my jacket which, thankfully, is covering all of the books. More drops fall, some landing on my face and arms and I can't help but watch as they slip down my fingers.

A soft laugh erupts from my throat as I hear Raven ask the girl if this was rain.

Rain.

Never in my life did I expect to be down on Earth, with real rain touching my skin.

The girl looks between Raven and I with a caring look on her face, "Welcome home."

A boy with long hair, who is a spitting image of the one in his file, makes his way up behind Raven, looking a mix between shocked and guilty. He and the blonde girl share a short look before Raven runs into his arms and they begin an act of PDA that would make anybody blush.

I clear my throat, sharing a look of discomfort with the blonde girl before walking over to her quietly.

I extend a hand as best I can with the box still in my grasp, "I'm Skye, nice to meet you."