Four.

Atticus followed his master down to the parking lot. He was surprised that the car they walked up to didn't look very fancy. The black car was still professional and sleek, but he had been expecting a limousine or a sports car.

"What are waiting for, boy? Get in."

The boy snapped out of his thoughts, finally noticing Alexander had opened the door for him. "Sorry," he mumbled, tensing as the man leaned in to buckle his seatbelt.

"You must pay attention, Atticus. I do not like repeating myself."

"I'm s-sorry, sir."

"We are still alone; you should be using 'master' to address me."

"Yes, Master."

Alexander circled around, slid into the driver's seat, and started the car. Once they pulled onto the road, he spoke. "Do you have anything you would like to take to my home with you? As I will be purchasing a new wardrobe for you, you will not need to pack any clothing."

"Why do I need new clothes?"

"If you are to be seen with me, I cannot have you wearing the same old, grungy outfit everyday. Is there anything you would like to bring?"

"I'd like to bring my laptop and some games, Master. And I need to get my charger."

The man nodded. "You may pick them up later tonight."

"Actually," Alexander stopped at a red light, looking over at Atticus and raising an eyebrow as the boy stuttered out, "I-I was hoping to be a-able to spend tonight at, at my house..."

The light changed to green, and Alexander focused his gaze back on the road. "Why should I allow that?"

"My, my siblings wanted to do a movie night for sort of a going away party. It'd really mean a lot to them if I can... Please, Master?"

For a while, the man was silent, and Atticus was sure he would not be allowed to stay. He began to worry the man was annoyed with him already.

"I will allow it. I will drop you off at seven-thirty this evening and will pick you up at seven o'clock tomorrow morning."

"Thank you, Master!"

Alexander pulled into a crowded parking lot and parked the car. "Do you have any food allergies?"

"No, Master."

"Good. Get out of the car now, pet." Alexander exited the car as well, leading the boy into the restaurant.

The pair were quickly brought to a table in the back corner of the dining room, and Atticus immediately sat down.

"Atticus, I did not say you could sit yet."

"I, I forgot, s-sir."

"Stand up."

Atticus's chest clenched as he stood and pushed the chair in. He fidgeted with the hem of his shirt as his master ignored him and looked over the menu. His awkward stance drew some glances from other patrons, causing the boy to fidget more.

After a few uncomfortable minutes, Atticus saw the waitress making her way to their table and whispered, "May, may I sit please, sir?"

The man ignored his request. He ordered for both of them, and the waitress departed.

"Please, sir," he whimpered, "I'm sorry I forgot to ask. Please may I sit down, sir?"

"You may sit."

"Thank you, sir. I, I really am sorry I forgot about asking..."

Alexander stared at him flatly. "I am frustrated with you already. I am attempting to be more lenient and understanding with you today as I know you are adjusting; however, you have already made a great deal of mistakes. You must try harder in order to please me."

Atticus hung his head, staring at his lap. "I, I'm sorry..." He wanted his new master to be happy with him, or at the very least not angry.

"Any further disobediences will result in legitimate punishments."

The boy's eyes widened. "Please, sir. I'll try my best to be good but --"

"No excuses," Alexander snapped.

Atticus knew trying to plead his case would most likely only anger his master further. Instead, he murmured, "Yes, sir..."

"Good."

Atticus's stomach growled, but he was sure eating would make him sick. However, he also didn't want to refuse to eat and annoy the man. The boy hadn't even been the man's submissive for two hours, and he was already beginning to think he got in over his head. However, he didn't really have a choice.

When the food finally came, Atticus grabbed his fork and lifted a scoop of rice to his mouth.

"Atticus," growled Alexander, making the boy jump and spit the rice onto the table.

The boy shrank back in his seat and fought the urge to curl into a ball. "Shit! I'm sorry, sir! I'm so sorry!"

Alexander rubbed his temples. He collected himself before saying, "After dinner, we will go to my home, and I will spank you for not asking permission to begin eating."

"Pl-Please, sir..." he whispered, feeling the formation of tears in his eyes. He really was trying his best.

"I have given you a very short list of rules so far, and you have managed to break the majority of them already."

"I really am sorry, sir... I'll, I'll try to do better..."

"I know you will; punishments are to help you become better."

Atticus dropped his gaze to his hands. He knew there was no way to change his master's mind.

"You may eat, Atticus."

"Thank you," he mumbled, picking up his fork.

The pair ate in silence, while Atticus's mind buzzed with thought. He fucked up already. He was going to be spanked. He had never been spanked before. Would he cry? He definitely did not want to be vulnerable like that in front of Alexander.

The man snapped in front of his zoned-out submissive's face, yanking the boy back into reality.

"It is time to go home."