Nineteen.

Atticus's phone rang. He lifted his head off of his master's chest and looked at him for permission.

"Go ahead, little one."

He padded over the armchair, concern showing on his face when he saw the caller ID.

"Hey, what's up?"

"Attie?" A small voice asked.

"Jaxx? Where's Tara?"

He sniffled. "Fighting with Dad."

Atticus cursed under his breath. "Where are you, kiddo?"

"I'm in your closet. Attie, they're really loud."

"I know. It's going to be okay, alright, Jaxx?"

"Okay..."

Atticus stayed on the phone with his younger brother for a while, trying to distract him. Eventually, the screaming stopped, and Tara performed their secret knock on the closet door. Jaxx unlocked the door and slid it open.

"Jaxx, can you give Tara the phone, please?"

Jaxx obeyed, and Atticus was surprised Tara didn't immediately launch into a rant.

"What happened?"

The line was silent for a few more moments before she finally spoke. "He did it again."

Atticus cursed under his breath, but Tara continued before he could speak.

"His entire unemployment check is gone. Who knows how much he bet — and he managed to snag my card and emptied my account on beer and cigarettes." She was silent for a few seconds. "Attie, rent is due tomorrow and the electric is due to be shut off any day now. I don't know what to do."

Atticus let out a shaky breath. "Could you get —"

"No," Tara cut in. "I couldn't get enough of an advance from Carlos, and you know the policy of our best bud, the landlord."

He sighed again, "Okay. I guess I'll try to talk to Alexander."

Alexander had been quietly listening to half of the conversation from the bed and quirked up an eyebrow at the use of his first name.

"No. You don't need to dig yourself any deeper with that asshole. We'll figure out something else. He already has enough of a hold on you."

"Tara..." Atticus glanced at his watching master, then turned away. "It's not like we have another option. I have to at least try."

"We'll go stay with Uncle Rob—"

"No," Atticus growled, surprising Alexander that the boy was capable of such hostility.

"He never touched Jaxx, and I can take care of myself now."

"No. I will not allow you to stay with that monster."

"You have a monster of your own to deal with! Why do you have to be the one to make all of the sacrifices?"

Atticus felt his pulse spike and realized the conversation would turn for the worse if they continued. "Listen, let me talk to him at least. If I can't work something out... then we'll see about that." He offered, knowing it would placate his sister even though they both knew he would put the rest of his life on the line before allowing that housing situation to reoccur.

She sighed heavily. "Okay. Call me later if you can."

"I will. I love you two."

"Love you, too."

Atticus hung up and spent a solid three minutes collecting himself before turning to face his master. He knelt at Alexander's feet. The man finally sat up, resting his elbows on his knees.

The submissive kept his eyes on Alexander's feet and his voice remained low and pleading. "What would I have to do to get $2,000 by tomorrow?"

Alexander lifted the boy's chin with his pointer; Atticus reluctantly looked up at his master's piercing blue eyes. "What are you willing to give?"

He racked his brain for anything of worth that he could offer the man in return. "I won't ask to cum for the rest of the year. Or, or you can fuck me right now — I can handle it!"

"Neither work as both of those are already under my control, boy."

"Then add another month onto the arrangement!"

"What do you need the money for?"

"Rent, bills, and just enough for groceries until my sister gets paid next week. Please, Master?" His voice caught in his throat, trying to stop tears from forming.

Alexander thought for a few moments, then stroked the boy's face, saying, "Consider it done, pet."

Relief took over all of his emotions. "Thank you, Master. Wh-What's the price?"

Alexander hummed. "Good behavior."

Atticus launched himself up, wrapping his arms around his master's neck. "Thank you, Master!"

"You are welcome, pet. You may call or text your sister."

"Thank you, Master!" He peeled himself off his master, grabbing his phone from the armchair.

"I will be back." Alexander retrieved his phone from the kitchen, then sent a message to his accountant with the name of Atticus's apartment building and brief instruction. He received confirmation by the time he returned to his bedroom to find his submissive sitting in the armchair, texting.

Alexander waited a few moments before clicking his tongue at the boy. "Do not start forgetting my rules out of excitement, boy."

Atticus stood and locked his phone. "Sorry, Master. Please don't change your mind..."

"The landlord will be paid directly, and the remainder of the money should be wired into your sister's account within a few hours."

"I'll be good, Master. I'm sorry I didn't stand up when you came back in."

"Against the wall, Atticus."

Atticus whimpered but obeyed, bracing his arms against the wall and pushing his ass out.
Alexander swatted his ass twenty times. "Get dressed. We are going out and then to dinner."

"Anything in particular?"

"Wear something casual."

The boy nodded and headed to get dressed; he was thankful the punishment ended so quickly.