Explanations

Camila's POV

We walked into the room. There laid a confused Lauren who almost got up when she saw me but winced in pain and fell back into the bed. We all walked to her then stood beside her. I sat back down on the chair next to her bed.

"Camila?" Lauren asked. "What happened? Why did you freak out just a few moments ago?"

I sighed. "I was just really happy to hear you say that I was your best friend." I lied.

She stared at me with her green piercing orbs. A feeling of unease between us. "Are you sure?" She asked again suspicious of my behavior.

I looked down and fiddled with my fingers. "Yeah."

"Okay...So what happened?" Lauren said causing me to literately pee my pants thinking I would have to tell her. " After we got signed I mean."

I exhaled. Phew...

I looked at Dinah hoping she would start it off. Dinah met my stare.

"Okay, so after he had signed us we began to record. Then after that we gave a few performances." She began to say.

"And that's how we gained more fans and started to become pretty famous." Ally added.

"After gaining our fan base we did a bit more of recording, we visited malls and arenas and preformed there. There were also some interviews along the way." Mani continued.

"Then we got invited into the neon lights tour with Demi. And well you can already guess that Mila fangirled the whole time." Dinah added.

I gave Dinah a glare.

"She gave the cutest speech at the end of it, expressing her fan girl love towards Demi and you thought it was the most adorable thing in the world." Ally smiled.

Lauren furrowed her brows. Then eased them when she looked back me. "Sounds like something she'd do." She smiled grasping for my hand. I let her almost immediately, feeling the electricity flow between our touch.

"Is that all?" She asked.

"No." I answered before anyone could.

I took a deep breath as Lauren's eyes meet mine.

"You remember Camren right?" I asked.

"Yeah?" She said confused.

"Well, you know how our fans swore we were dating? And they made a big deal every time we told them we weren't?" I asked her.

"Yeah." She remembered. "They were crazy to think that."

I felt a knife stab my heart. I recovered quickly. "Yeah...well. It started to hurt us-as a group I mean." I caught my breath. "So one day after an interview... Simon came to our hotel room and talked to us. He told us that we had to be in a relationship or at least pretend to be in one, to save Fifth Harmony's career." I met her gaze, curious of her reaction. She felt a bit uneasy.

"AND WHAT DID WE END UP DOING?" She asked a bit alarmed.

Again another one straight to the heart.

"We faked it Lauren." I told her.

She exhaled. She seemed relieved? Why? Ugh obviously Camila she's not whipped over you anymore. think .

"Was I dating anyone?" She asked, knowingly of course someone like her would be.

"You and I both." I informed her. "But we ended it. We didn't want to hurt them so we both broke it off." I sort of lied.

"Oh...and I was okay with it?" She asked.

I nodded. More than okay.

"Oh..." She said leaving my eye contact. "And you guys are okay with it?" She asked the girls.

They all nodded.

"Duh we ship Camren 100%" Dinah accidentally blurted out.

I glared at her.

After a few second Lauren met my eye contact. "And are you okay with it?" She asked rubbing my hand with the pad of her numb.

Of course I'm freaking in love with you!

I gulped. "Yeah Lauren, it's for Fifth Harmony after all."

"Mmm." She hummed.

"Are you okay with it now?" I asked her.

She furrowed her brows and thought. She started to bit her lip. Thinking hard. She met my eye contact and smiled. "Yeah Camz. If it's for Fifth Harmony of course I am. I love you guys."

We all brought it in for a group hug. Then slowly pulled away after a few seconds. "We love you too, Lauren." I smiled. The girls grinned at my indirect way of telling her I loved her.

"So is that everything?" She asked.

I felt this pit of guilt inside of me. I should tell her. Tell her . Tell her .

"Yeah." I lied.

"Great so now that I am caught up... I've been meaning to ask you guys who got me this teddy bear and these flowers?" She asked picking them up from the desk beside her and holding them up for us to see.

"Errr..." I began to say.

"We all pitched in to buy them." Dinah saved me.

"Oh, thanks guys..." She slightly smiled a bit confused.

I eyed the desk beside her for anymore pleasant surprises I have forgotten about...The picture CRAP. Don't turn. Don't look. No Lauren for the love of god don't notice the picture! I thought when she turned to place the bear and flowers back down.

She did. NOOO! I turned to look at the girls. They all had frightened expressions. It's over.

She picked the frame up and held it in her hands. She analyzed the picture closely. I think I really did pee my self this time. She was expressionless as she squinted into the picture. She then smiled and meet my eyes. "This is cute, what is it?" She asked showing me the picture of us.

Ugh this is going to be harder then I thought.

I forced a smile. "It was our first "date". I said emphasizing the quotation marks with my hands. The girls exhaled in relaxation.
"Fuck." Dinah mumbled.

"Dang were really good at this whole faking it thing...we look so happy." Lauren smiled as she looked at the picture.

"We were." I said under my breath.

"Huh?" She said almost hearing what I said.

"I said yeah. Were really good at it." I scoffed. "Faking it I mean." I said punching her arm playfully.

"Your acting weird Camz are you sure you're okay?" She asked.

No the love of my life doesn't remember that she is in love with me too. Of course I'm not okay. I want you back Lauren. I love you. Ugh Camila answer her before she misinterprets your silence.

"Yeah Lauren. I'm just fine." I reassured her.

Mani and the girls whispered among themselves.

"Hey Laur, Mila, were gonna bring back some snacks. Leave you both here to catch up.. or whatever people do after contusions." Dinah said.

I glared at her.

"Too soon? Sorry." Dinah said.

Lauren chucked. "It's okay D, bring Camz back something maybe she'll stop lying to me after she has a little food in her system." Lauren said with a corner of her mouth rising up in a smile.

A/N: Feeling creative rn. I might upload later tonight. Merci mon amies pour reading. And please comment I want to know what's going on in your guy's heads while reading it. You guys are awesome. ✌️

Sincerely,

hoplessromantic143