Chapter 4

2013 London, England

"Yeah! Just like that Kodie!" The photographer yelled

Kodie's name was getting bigger and bigger but not from her music which was frustrating. She was getting a little buzz for music but most was because she was now adopted by Jay-Z and Beyoncé. She was hoping to drop her first tape really soon but she was just waiting for her parents approval.

They were in London on the Mrs. Carter World Tour. Some magazine wanted an interview and photoshoot. Beyoncé thought it was an amazing opportunity for Kodie to get some overseas exposure.

Jay stood towards the back waiting for them to finish up. He was so proud of Kodie. She adapted so quickly to the life style and was the greatest big sister to Blue. He couldn't have asked for better daughters.

When it was over Kodie and Jay looked at some of the pictures picking out the ones she liked.

"Aye, I know these not edited or nothing but can I show my mom real quick?" Kodie asked and the photographer nodded.

She pulled out her iPhone to FaceTime.

Beyoncé finally appeared.

"Ma, check this out." Kodie said flipping the camera so she could see the pictures.

When she finished Kodie flipped the camera back around to her.

"Do you approve?" Kodie asked.

"I do." She said smiling.

"Cool." Kodie said smiling looking at Jay but stepped off a little to the side. "So in my interview I said there was a project coming."

"What?!" Beyoncé yelled.

Kodie looked around to see if anyone heard her.

"You on speaker phone."

Beyoncé sighed. "I'll talk to you when you get here."

"You seem upset. A lil angry."

"I said I'll talk to you when you get here." She repeated.

"So you are mad." Kodie said and Beyoncé hung up.

"Well damn." Kodie said under her breath walking back over to Jay.

"You done for the day rockstar." Jay said.

"Okay, Imma go change." Kodie said and went to change.

After Kodie changed they left to go over to the venue. It was the last show in London and the next day was Kodie's birthday and she'd be fifteen.

"What you tryna do tomorrow?" Jay asked.

"I don't know if I'll be doing anything tomorrow. I pissed Ma off so I don't know." Kodie said shrugging.