Chapter 16

Chapter 16

"Ma, where you at? Shouldn't you be in rehearsal?" Kodie asked

"Ma, where you at? Shouldn't you be in rehearsal?" Kodie asked. "You at the pool?"

"Don't worry about where I am." Beyoncé said.

"Well excuse me."

"How was the photoshoot?" Beyoncé asked switching the subject.

"It was fun." She said smiling. "Super lit."

"I can tell. I see you shining. Diamonds dancing, skin on fleek, who you tryna flex on?" She asked smiling.

"Oh nah, you gotta relax." Kodie said laughing.

"No but for real. I told you to stop drinking soda and look at your skin." She said. "Flawless."

"I know ma, I know. You was right. As always." Kodie said mumbling the last part.

"What? Repeat that? What you say? I'm always what?" Beyoncé asked.

"What time Chloe and Halle go on tomorrow?" Kodie asked changing the subject.

"I don't know. Text them and find out." She said laughing. "I'd rather you come tonight instead of tomorrow though."

"Why is that?"

"Cause you gonna be rushing tomorrow. I know you, Yazz, and Ryan already packed so call up your other siblings and tell them to get ready." Beyoncé said.

"How you gonna rush me?" Kodie asked amused.

"Cause I just did. See you some time tonight. Love you, muah." Beyoncé said before she hung up.

Kodie laughed to herself while tossing her phone beside her. On second thought she grabbed it to text Seven and told them to get ready.

Kodie walked in the house and went towards the backyard where she knew Ryan and Yazz were.

"Aye, we leaving tonight." She said and they looked at her.

"What happened to the morning?" Ryan asked sitting up from the chair.

"My mama want us out there tonight." She said. "Something about rushing in the morning."

Yazz nodded standing.

"We need to get a party bus. Seven and Winter coming too right?" He asked.

"Yeah."

"Aight, let me pick up some gas and I'll be back." Ryan said grabbing his shirt and getting up.

Kodie nodded scrolling through her phone. "Get like half Gorilla Glue #5 and half OG."

"Bet." He said before leaving out.

Yazz looked at Kodie as Ryan left.

"Ma know you went back to smoking?" Yazz asked.

"Uhm, not really." She said shrugging. "She not gonna care too much tho."