Chapter 8

Kodie stood there while the woman left out. Yazz stood next to her. He was trying to figure out why that woman was even there.

Kodie went to close and lock the door.

"What do you mean she's your egg donor?" Kodie asked Yazz.

"She's my egg donor. She gave birth to me but she didn't raise me. My grandmother did why?" He asked.

Kodie couldn't believe it and had to sit down.

Somebody was trying to get in the room and they started banging on the door because it was locked.

"Can you get the door?" Kodie asked Yazz.

Kodie was stuck on the fact that one of her closest friends might actually be her brother.

Yazz opened the door and there stood Skye. She looked at Yazz as she walked in and then looked at Kodie.

 She looked at Yazz as she walked in and then looked at Kodie

"Why was the door locked?" She asked.

"We had to talk." Kodie said.

"With the door locked?"

"Skye, right now." Kodie said shaking her head. "Just don't."

"You know people already linking y'all together and now y'all in a room with the door locked." Skye said.

Kodie looked at Yazz and they just bust out laughing. It took her mind of her situation for a very brief second.

"Where's my parents?"

"They said they'd see you back at the hotel." She said.

"Okay, cool. Yazz, you gotta be somewhere? We really need to talk." Kodie said getting up to grab her backpack.

"I'm free."

"Cool. I'll see you later Skye. I'll explain everything later." Kodie said kissing her cheek and leaving with Yazz.

Skye just stood there confused.

***
At The Hotel

"What do you mean she popped up again?" Beyoncé asked Kodie as they were in the living room of the suite.

"It was when I was in my green room after the show. Then Yazz came in and made everything more confusing." Kodie said.

"What do you mean?" Jay asked sitting up in the chair.

"That's my egg donor." Yazz said. "That's my birth mother."

Beyoncé was confused.

"How the hell."

"That's what I said." Kodie said then looked at Yazz." She wrote me a letter saying she was my mom."

"What?"

"Yeah." Kodie said. "Is she a scam artist?"

"Yeah." He said nodding. "If you are another one of her kids I'm surprised she didn't get to you sooner. You over eighteen she can't try to get you back or anything."