Chapter 19

Chapter 19

"And that's a wrap for Kodie!" The director yelled and everyone clapped

"Thank you so much!" Kodie said before leaving the set.

She sat in the trailer she was provided and it was empty. The way she wanted it. It had been about a month since she had been back home and it was not easy. Kodie felt she was walking on eggshells with anything dealing with her mother which was tough because not only was she her mother but also her manager.

Kodie got dressed in the clothes she arrived in and grabbed her backpack. She got into her car and took a drive over to see her siblings.

With her parents being on tour and her not going she felt alone in that big ass house so she spent a lot of her time at Yvette's with her siblings.

She knocked on the door and waited. Winter came and opened the door.

Kodie heard music blasting so she knew Yvette wasn't home.

"Y'all just do what the hell y'all want when your mama not home." Kodie said setting her backpack down.

Seven always had his friends over and they were always dancing. He was a viral kid before they even met. When Kodie found out she sent him on auditions and he was dancing in a Chris Brown's video after that.

Kodie followed Winter and she checked on Chance. He was playing the game in his room.

Kodie felt her phone vibrate and saw her mom calling. She went in the bathroom for privacy.

"Hello?" Kodie answered.

"Hey, you finish that shoot earlier?" She asked. "How did it go?"

"Yeah, I'm done and it was cool. I'm at Yvette's now." She said. "I can't wait till everything comes together for the album. I think you gonna really like how everything comes together with my vision."

"I can't either. I'm so proud of you." She said.

"Thanks ma." Kodie said smiling.

"Well it looks like your upcoming week is free." She said.

"It is." Kodie said nodding.

"Imma fly you out here. I need you to hear something." She said.

"Just send it to me. I'll listen to it." Kodie said.

"No, I need you out here plus the twins birthday is coming up."

Kodie took a deep sigh. "How long you want me out there? I got dates-"

"I know you got dates." She said. "I'm gonna send you your flight information."

"What if I don't wanna go?" Kodie asked.

"You're lying cause I hear how you sound." She said. "Plus I miss you."

"For real?" Kodie asked.