Chapter 13

A Couple Weeks Later

Kodie sat in the back with Ryan and Yazz while rehearsal was going on

Kodie sat in the back with Ryan and Yazz while rehearsal was going on. She had to finally get out of the house. It had been two weeks since she left the hospital.

"How you been feeling sis, for real?" Yazz asked.

"I mean, everyday I feel better so that's the important thing. I can't get back in the studio though."

"Why?"

"Mom's don't want me in there right now." She said shaking her head.

"So what you been doing?"

"We been in the house." She said referring to her and Ryan. "Today my first day out for real."

"Oh damn. Anybody been to see you? Skye?" He asked.

"I mean she came out here but..." she said shrugging.

"But what?" Yazz asked.

"She got caught with her in her bedroom." Ryan said laughing.

"Oh my God bro, shut up."

"You lying." Yazz said smiling and Kodie shook her head. "You gotta tell me what happened."

"Shit, idk. Blue had to snitch or something. We was the only people in the house." She said.

"Damn, What ma do?"

"What you think she did? She cussed my ass out and poor Skye. She ain't never seen my mama like that. It was like when she found out about me missing classes."

"Oh nah, it was worse." Ryan said laughing.

"Was y'all doing anything?" Yazz asked.

"No and we wasn't. I still can't do much cause of my ribs." Kodie said shaking her head.

"But what about Skye?"

Kodie shrugged.

"What? You not feeling her no more?" He asked.

"It's not that it's just she be worried about the wrong stuff sometimes. You know I don't give a fuck about the fame shit. I don't like going out too much. She do."

"Y'all gotta compromise."

"I know but she had some sessions back in Atlanta. She'll be back in a couple weeks."

"She scared to come back in the house?" Yazz asked.

"Probably. I would." Kodie said laughing.

"Let's check your mom's rehearsal." Ryan said standing.

Kodie nodded and they stood up to go out. She walked towards where they heard the band. They walked in the rehearsal space and Julius opened the door.

They watched the dancers do their choreography while they stood to the back. Kodie nodded to the beat.

 Kodie nodded to the beat