Chapter 7

"I can't trust that girl 'cause she be lyin' to her nigga like that
Whenever I want her, she come over, yeah, I got it like that
I count it up, I stack my dough, I make my figures bounce back
She thought it over, she ain't want me, now she gotta bounce back, bounce back."

Kodie's music played while she was in the studio with some friends. She nodded her head as she exhaled the OG.

"This shit is lit." Ryan said as he dapped her up and she smiled.

"I know." She said. "I gotta have my mom listen then I can release it."

"You don't wanna keep it for the album?" He asked.

"Nah, that's a whole new sound I'm going for but this is gonna be fun to perform." She said and he nodded.

"Hey, we gonna pick up the food real quick. You wanna come?" Ryan asked standing and the other guys in the room stood too.

"Nah, y'all go ahead." She said sitting that boards. "I'll be here when y'all get back."

"Aight."

They left out and Kodie replayed the track relighting her blunt. She exhaled while spinning in the chair.

"Does your mother know you smoke?" She heard.

She stopped spinning in the chair and looked towards the door. She saw a woman there who she didn't know.

"Uhm, this is a closed session." Kodie said.

"I understand that." She said looking at Kodie. "Just wow. You're beautiful."

Kodie has fans but not grown ass fans. She thought this woman was weird.

"Not to be rude or anything but are you a fan or something?" She asked.

"I am a fan. I enjoy your music."

"Oh okay, your kids listen to me?" She asked.

"They do." The woman said and then it got quiet.

"Uhm, I really don't know what to tell ya." Kodie said laughing.

"Oh yeah, I'm sorry. I'll go but this is for you." She said pulling out an envelope.

Kodie stood to retrieve the envelope.

"Uhm, what's this?"

"Just read it. Again, I'm sorry." The woman said and then left.

Kodie sat back down confused and opened the letter. She started to read it as the guys walked in. She felt they came back quick but the food place was around corner.

She kept reading the letter trying to understand what it was saying. She got up, put the blunt in the astray, and grabbed her keys.

"Aye, where you going?" Ryan asked.

"I'll be back." She mumbled.

She left the studio and got in her car to drive home. She turned the radio off and just drove home. She put her code in at the gate and drove up to the house. She parked in her usual spot and got out.

She went in the house to look for her mother. She found her in the living room with the twins.

Kodie looked at her when she walked in. Beyoncé finally looked towards her and smiled but that soon faded.

"I thought you were at the studio."

Kodie walked in and dropped the envelope on the table near Beyoncé.

Kodie sat on the opposite side of her. She knew she smelled like smoke and didn't wanna be near the babies.

Beyoncé sat Rumi in her car seat and picked up the envelope taking out the letter and she read through it.