*The Rough Drafts*

1.

"Power 105.1 and we are the Breakfast Club. This morning we have a special guest. Ms. Kodie Shane." DJ Envy said.

"Good morning New York." Kodie said.

"So Ms. Kodie." Charlemagne started. "We're the album?"

"You tell me." She said laughing. "It's coming though."

"So you're manger is Beyoncé and you're signed to Parkwood." Angela said.

"Yes. The best. The one and only."

"How did that happen? How did y'all meet?" She asked.

"I was eleven years old at the Mrs. Carter Show in Atlanta and she saw me dancing. I got invited backstage and she told me she loved my dancing and then I slipped in that I could sing and rap too."

"You was auditioning?" Charlemagne said.

"I wasn't sure but I acted like I was." Kodie said laughing. "So I started singing and rapping and she brought Jay in and I rapped for him and we been cool ever since."

"What you mean cool?" DJ envy asked.

"Like, they just kept up with me. Made sure I was doing good and everything and then when I turned thirteen and started working in the studio that's when they started taking me everywhere they went." She said. "Then I had a situation and they ended up becoming my Guardians and then my parents."

"So did you ever know you're biological parents?" Envy asked.

"I was raised in a group home. I don't know my parents." Kodie said.

"Way to go Envy!" Charlemagne yelled.

"My bad."

"It's cool." Kodie said laughing. "But that's how I knew they were genuine. When I first met them they had no clue. I went two years before I told them I was in a group home."

"So they had you flying around and never asked your parents permission?" Charlemagne asked.

"No, this was before all that. That's how I knew they were genuine."

"Wait, What?" Angela asked.

"Yeah, the first two years consisted of me getting owning my craft. That's what Bey told me to do. So I was rapping, singing, and dancing for anyone who would pay attention to me."

"With Sean Bankhead?" Angela asked. "How did you afford to do that?"

"Bey and Jay. They set that up and made sure I was doing good in school and all that."

"Wow." Charlemagne said. "So fast forward to now. You're the First Lady Of the sailing team."

"Yeah." She nodded.

"Honestly I think you rap better than all those guys." Charlemagne said.

"Don't diss my team." Kodie said laughing.

"I'm being honest. The song with the whole group on it that just came out. You the best."

"Thank you but everybody on the team is good in there special way." Kodie said.

"You my favorite in the group. That's all I'm gonna say." Charlemagne said shrugging. "So, the video for "Sad" is about to drop and you're having a premiere party tomorrow night in Atlanta."

"Yeah. It's gonna be lit. Bey gave me complete control so I'm glad it came out so good and I can't wait for everybody to see it." She said.

"Does it ever bother you when people write negative comments about you?" Envy Asked.

"Honestly, no." Kodie said. "The first time I was actually spotted with Bey I was thirteen and she sat me down telling me not to entertain the negatives and everything."

"So when people write crazy stuff under IG pictures about you and her. When you hugging on her and everything-"

"What stuff they be writing Envy?" Kodie asked smiling.

"You know. Stuff about you being gay-"

"I am." She said. "But what people need to recognize is that Bey and Jay are my parents, legally, you know. You don't hug your parents?"

"I do." Envy said. "We all do."

"Okay then. Same thing." Kodie said. "Anymore questions?"

"Damn." Charlemagne said laughing. "I like you. I mean I don't really understand your music but my daughter loves it."

"I appreciate that."

"So, video comes out tomorrow night and mixtape on the way." Charlemagne said and she nodded.

"Okay, Breakfast Club one." Envy said ending the interview.

Kodie got up to take some pictures.