Snack

Nora and I gathered her items and prepared to leave the hospital as soon as she had finished signing her paperwork and receiving a new prescription for her... issues... She still hasn't told me what else is wrong with her, so I guess I'll have to figure it out for myself. We walked out the front doors of the hospital to get into my car when a voice called out to me. A tall and skinny fellow stumbled on over to where Nora and I were standing with a gloomy look on his face and a fresh beer bottle in his hand as he took sips on the way over.

"Babe, where have you been? I need my main bitch in bed with me, and that's you... Why are you here with this fugly looking ass girl? Don't tell me you really dumped me for this gay looking ass gal...! Man you really lowered your—"

"Fuck you and get out of our face before I take you down and break each of your limbs, Dylan. " I cut him off, turning to Nora and picking her up to get away from Dylan quicker. His irritated face twisted into a scowl, so to put a cherry on top I faced him as I walked away and shouted back to him. "She's hotter than you and you know it! Plus I would have upped my standards if I was actually going out with her!" His mouth dropped wide open as he lifted the bottle in an attempt to throw it. When he tried, Dylan tripped on nothing and fell straight to the ground while shouting multiple curse words in pain.

My eyes shot back down to Nora who was now hiding her face from my view due to either embarrassment or confusion...

Honestly it's probably just confusion. Why would she get embarrassed about being carried like a... Oh...

Nevermind. I get it.

Instead of letting her down though, my socially awkward side took over and told me to continue to carry her like a dang princess or some crap until we reached the car. When we got there, I opened up the door and let her get in herself, but she didn't say anything to me.

Did I make her angry? No she's probably just waiting until I get in too... Or not...

Even after I got into the car and began to drive off, Nora said nothing to me and stared off into space. After she was released, her attention span seemed to have decreased slightly, or maybe she's in pain? Am I just over thinking this? I hope not... Have I ever gotten so worked up about someone like this? No I have not...

What's wrong with me?

"Nora, are you feeling alright? You seem a little woozy." I finally said, paying attention to the road while I spoke.

She blinked a few times without replying, but after a few moments Nora shook her head and nodded.

"I... yes... I'm fine... I was just a little... taken back by what you said." She stuttered, scratching the bridge of her nose while keeping her eyes out of my own sight. She continuously fumbled around in the car without saying anything else until she pointed out a nice family restaurant to eat at. When she initially told me to stop there to eat, Nora's face lit up as her serious and almost absent mind was replaced with a bright smile and a flushed face.

How does she not have a boyfriend? She's just so adorable to me... Wait what? Do friends really think of each other in this sense? Maybe they do... I never had a lot of girl friends...

Kind to think of it, I never really thought of my friends as either hot or cute in any sort of sense... Maybe I'm just frustrated...

"Alright! Here we go!" I cheered happily, turning the wheel sharply to pull into the restaurant parking lot. Nora braced herself for my terrible driving, putting her left hand up against the roof of the car and holding onto her door with the other one. Her face bent into a smile and she began to laugh excitedly whilst releasing her grip. Once I parked my rusty ol' crappy car, Nora quickly hopped out and reached out to catch the door to prevent herself from falling.

"Whoops...! Sorry!" She giggled, waiting for me to get out and help her inside. Her eyes lit up as I held out my arm for her hold onto, causing me to let out a slight cough to brush away the increasing tension between us. We walked on in and sat ourselves down in a booth. A kind gentleman came over to us and grabbed us drinks as soon as we ordered them. He then asked us what we wanted to eat to which we both replied with an order of crepes (but I asked for mine to be gluten free).

"So I hate to ask, but who brought the flowers? They were beautiful, so I figured that it was a friend or a relative..." I said with a raspy sigh. Nora's eyes fell to the floor, wishing to avoid talking about it.

Oh shit! I didn't mean to upset her... Shit... I'm an idiot!

"You don't have to—!"

"Oh... It was just from my parents... They... came to tell me that... I shouldn't bother coming home after this year... They've given up on me..." She spewed out, wiping away a tear in her eye. My hand reached out to hold onto her cheek to comfort her in some way.

I can't stand to see her like that! She deserves to be happy! Why can't people love her as much as I do!...

Wait...

Do I really like her that much? Is this normal? I must be going crazy! Oh, but Nora is really nice and cute and... beautiful...

"I'm fucking crazy...!" My voice exploded, expressing what I meant to think. I retracted my hand as soon as I could and avoided all eye contact with Nora. "I'm sorry... I just hate seeing a beautiful girl cry, especially one who deserves so much more..." I finished, rubbing the back of my neck to distract myself. Nora grabbed my hand and pulled it back towards her, resting her cheek back in it with a comforting smile on her face.

"You think I'm beautiful...? Surely not! I thought that... you were the ummm... beautiful one... You're so much kinder than me too..." She said, nestling her head into my hand. I took my thumb and brushed back a few strands of hair that had fell onto her face and chuckled.

"No way! You're so much... better than I am... It's hard to think that you don't have a umm... partner..." I commented, taking both of my hands and covering my mouth...