Promise

It has only been a few days since Nora and I have started going out...

But I'm so fucking happy!

I want to be there for her until... until the very last moments of her life, which seems to be coming to an end soon from my understanding of what she said. It was the most amazing day of my life, but now the realization has hit me to wake the fuck up and smell the shit of the world. I've come to care for Nora so much in a matter of days, and now some jackass of a higher power is coming to take her life.

Even though some believe that diseases and illnesses are just to show how much power they have...

This is bullshit! I don't want to see her suffer! I don't want to see her cry anymore! It kills me, but it kills me even more to know that she won't be here in the future... Is this my fault somehow?

Did I piss off our lovely "God" enough to force such a thing on someone who I'm sure the one who I'm meant to spend my life with? Is this some sort of revenge? What has my lovely angel done to deserve this!

Whatever... Arguing with something that may or may not exist is tiring... I have to focus my time on trying to study to see what kind of medications can help prolong her life... I need to... I have to... For Nora...!
.
.
.
.
It was a clear and sunny day, this was until dark clouds started forming I. The sky and rain poured down to just darken everyone's day. If I had to pick between being athe sun or being the moon, I'm sure I would fit more with being a moon because Nora is the sun. She shines brighter than anyone, she lights up my world, she brings the light back into my life-and I am sounding so sappy right now... Yep I am the moon because I am depressing, idiotic, dark, pessimistic... Well, enough with my emo shit. I have to meet up with Nora today for a lab we are doing in class.

It's a compound lab, which means that we can make our own chapstick, pain reliever, pretty much anything with all the supplies we have at our disposal. Nora said she would be waiting by the entrance to the building, so I better leave now so I can see her as soon as possible... Ha... I used to hate how clingy couples were, but now I'm one of them... I see why they smile and laugh so much now... Funny...

I hurried to slap on ripped jeans, a band T-shirt, and a flannel with some plain black shoes on. Once finished, my feet took me out my dorm door and across the campus to Nora. Her hair caught my attention as it sparkled in the sunlight. Each time I'm reminded how lucky I am when I see her, but at the same time it also reminds me how she is cursed...

"M... Morning!" She called out to me in a fruity tone. I felt my heart skip a beat and waved to her rather than say it back. If I did say anything I'm sure that it would have just been inaudible. "Did you sleep well...? You seem... quiet." She asked me.

"I'm fine. What about you? I'm worried about you too, you know? Let me know if you need my help with anything. I want to be there for you as much as I can." I said with a concerned look. Nora's smile disappeared and was replaced with a distressed response.

"I'm sorry... I want to be there for you like you are for me, but I won't last much—"

"Nora, please don't say another word! Let's... let's not worry about that right now... You'll be fine... Yeah... I'm sure that—"

"Don't go acting like you know!... I only have about two months left before... before everything is destroyed in my life! I don't want you to lie to me and say that everything is fine when it's not!" Nora shouted back at me. I felt my heart settle in the deepest part of my body upong hearing her confession.

"Two... months? When were you planning on telling me!? Shit... Shit! I don't have enough time... Oh fuck! Damn it all!" I cried out. Nora raised her hand up to pat my head in an attempt to calm me.

"I didn't want to tell you... I really... didn't... I don't want to see you cry...!" Nora said. I pressed my hands to her face and hugged her.

"You don't want to see me cry? I don't want to see you cry! You're the one who's... who's suffering so much! I don't want to lose you!" Nora smiled back at me with a painful gaze.

"You're suffering more than I am... While my life will end, yours will go on and you'll have to live... with my inevitable death. Isn't that... more painful?" She questioned me. I opened my mouth to argue with her, but I knew just as well that it's true from personal experience.

"I... I'm sorry... I just want to take your place, but that's impossible. I'm sorry I'm so stupid... I'm sorry I can't do anything..." Nora shook her head and rocked me slowly back and forth.

"I don't want you to say that you're stupid any more... It... hurts me... You know, the doctors... told me that they were surprised how slowly... my illness is moving... They told me that I should've passed by now... It's all thanks to you that I haven't... Thank you!" Nora cheered. I covered my eyes, but still sobbed into Nora's shirt without any sign of calming down. She took my hand in hers and guided me to our class, trying to keep herself from crying while I continued to cry out as loudly as possible. Finally, I stopped crying and pulled Nora back to me.

"If it really is as you say, then I promise to you that I will become a pharmacist in your stead...! I will eventually figure out a way to prevent this illness... I will..." I promised her as we slowly continued to our compound lab...