Happiness

Nora finally tilted her head slightly up and beckoned me closer to her. I did as she wished and knelt down beside her as she leaned towards me whilst still in her wheelchair. Her mouth opened up with a sly little smile.

"Why... Why didn't you... tell me...?" She asked, reaching up to turn my face towards her. As she did so, our lips met. She was quivering, but I couldn't tell if it was because of nervousness or if it was because she was straining herself. Either way, I began to grin like an idiot and firmly pressed my forehead against hers as we stared into eachother's eyes. Her lips curled into a smile, but, just as quickly as it appeared, it soon disappeared and was replaced by a brooding expression. Her thumb lightly grazed my temples as Nora began to sniffle and then cry loudly.
"I... I don't want to die...! I hate this... so much!... Adelle... why am I... in so much pain...? Why me...? Tell me... please...!" She sobbed, lowering her head against my chest.

"I wish I knew why... I... I can't really say why... I'm sorry there's nothing else I can do for you! Even though you matter so much to me..." I said, bringing my hands over her head to stroke her hair to provide some sort of comfort. She picked her head back up and smiled faintly.

"Adelle... I love... you..." Nora whispered. I shifted my downcast eyes and pressed my rough lips to her palms which were still on the sides of my face.

"I know you do... I'm sorry for ever doubting you, Nora." I apologized to her. Nora pulled herself out of her wheelchair and pushed me to the floor along with her. She winced from the pain, but laughed and spread her body over mine to lay on top of me peacefully.

"I only have... one more... month, Adelle..."

"Mhm... I know..."

"Are you... sure... that you want to... be with... me...?"

"Mhm... I'm completely sure..."

"I can't... grow old... with you..."

"I know that you can't... Still, I want to be by your side because I want to be with you."

"But-"

I pressed my index finger to her lips to prevent her from saying anything else. "No issue you bring up will ever turn me away from you. I love you. Love trumps all." I insisted, moving my finger away to let her speak.

"You know..." she mumbled, "I'm only going to be... twenty-two in... March, but... I want to... um... get m... married before I die..." She announced. My lips twisted into a smile and I lowered my head to rest on hers.

"Whatever you desire, I will make it come true..." I whispered. Nora chuckled quietly and looked up at me.

"Then...?" She asked, searching for a proper response.

I rubbed her head before responding. "I was actually hoping to be the one to propose, but you beat me to it..." I sighed. Nora nudged me in the side a little and groaned, waiting for me to answer her. "Yes, of course I'll marry you!" I shouted. She jumped up off of me and tried to stand up to hug me. Nora lost her balance and started to fall, but luckily I was able to get up in time to catch her. She quickly spun around in my arms and wrapped her arms tightly around my neck before pressing her lips against mine multiple times.

"Really?... You really will?... Oh Adelle... I love you... so much...!" She cheered. She released me and then shuffled back to her wheelchair to move towards her night stand. Nora opened up a drawer and pulled out a small case before turning back to me and opening it. Inside, there were two rings. The first one was a normal engagement ring with a pure white diamond. The other one held a stunning black diamond instead. She gestured me to put my hand out in front if her so that she could slip my ring on. Her nimble and delicate fingers slid the black diamond ring onto my ring finger before she handed me her ring so I could do the same to her.

"Why'd you pick a black diamond one for me?" I asked, putting her ring on her. She chuckled and glanced up at me.

"You... don't wear bright... clothes a lot, so... I thought you would like... a dark colored stone rather... than a pure white one like... mine..." She giggled. Nora looked back up to me and then softly grazed the side of my face with the back of her hand. "Plus, it... reminded me... of you for some... reason..." She admitted. My face reddened as did hers. I pulled her close to me and held onto her tight before laughing uncontrollably.

"You don't know how happy I am right now..." I said in a breathy voice. She shook her head and pulled her head back enough to look into my eyes.

"I'm.. pretty sure that... I do..." I nodded and then picked her up out of her wheelchair to spin her around happily.

"True, but now we have to go out and celebrate. How about that nice restaurant down the street? I'll go get something nice on and we can just have a night out for ourselves..." I suggested. Nora slanted her eyes at me but relented and agreed to go. I helped her to get dressed first in a lovely sky blue dress and left to go down the hall to my room.

I should probably give the gang an update... I bet they'll be ecstatic...

Before getting dressed, I quickly entered the chatroom on my computer.

Sunny99, FallenxAngel, 0Lizzy0, Slob101, and RebelJem have logged into the chat room.

Slob101: Guys, have I got some news for you!

0Lizzy0: Ooooooh!!! Did you finally get a date???

RebelJem: Nah, she probably just got done having fun by herself haha.

Sunny99: You're disgusting RJ!

FallenxAngel: Guys, shut up and let her talk!

I smiled to myself and quickly typed in what I wanted to say.

Slob101: I'm engaged!

Sunny99, FallenxAngel, 0Lizzy0, and RebelJem are typing...

Simultaneously, all of their messages came through at once.

Sunny99: What?! Are you serious?

0Lizzy0: OMG OMG OMG ARE YOU FOR REAL??? OMG YAY FOR YOU!!!

FallenxAngel: How could I let you beat me to it? Anyways, congratulations girl!

RebelJem: Who is it? Is it that girl?

I hurried and typed in an answer before I had to leave and go get Nora to go out and eat.

Slob101: Yes, it's her. I managed to find someone amazing to share my life with... well... for a month at least... She's sick and doesn't have long, but I love her and want to be with her for the remaining time she has. I'll be back on later tonight. We are going out to celebrate!

Slob101 has logged out...