Saihara Shuichi x Reader

I gotta write one oneshots for every protagonist, well, maybe excluding Komaru.

-----

     You decided to open a cafe. You were the Ultimate Tweaker, meaning you made coffee. You could bake pastries, so that made it better, a classic cafe. It was pastel and cute, it caught the eye of many high school girls and a few guys. You saw people occasionally having dates, and you supported every couple that stopped by. Many got flustered, while others gave a thumbs up or a nod. It was a happy life for you, but not once had you ever scored a date. 

     "Maybe I'm supposed to be alone." You sighed. "Oh well."

     You liked the idea of romance, but it never really worked out for you. Middle school was an all girls school, and elementary was too young of an age to date. Kids in elementary thought you were "cool" for making and drinking coffee, but it really wasn't. You were nice to everybody you came across, but they were nothing more than friends.

     One day, a certain boy stopped by with a girl in a purple sweater, skirt with music notes on them, and a white backpack. She was certainly beautiful, and pretty cute. The boy, however, had a black cap that covered his eyes, and wore black. He probably wasn't an emo, because he looked pretty shy.

     "Welcome!" You greeted. "It's nice to see a happy couple stop by!"

     "Oh, we're not a couple." The blonde said. "I just invited my friend over here!"

     You nodded and gave a shrug. "Whatever you say. Please take your time to order. There's no rush."

     The blonde nodded and looked at the menu, as did the male who looked like he had dark tealish looking hair. (IDK how to describe how it looks"

     You just gave a smile and walked into the back, taking the fresh pastries out of the oven and placed them in the displays. It looked like they were ready to order so you walked to the counter.

     "Um," The blonde started. "I... I think I recognize you from somewhere. Sorry if I'm wrong!"

     "Oh, well, I have felt a felling of deja vu when you came in." You answered. "Do you... go to Hope's Peak Academy?" 

     The girl smiled. "Yeah! That's where I go, I think you're in my math class. The Ultimate Tweaker, (L/n), right?"

     You brightened up and nodded. "Yup, and you just be Akamatsu, the Ultimate Pianist."

     Kaede nodded again and you chatted, reminiscing about old times. She introduced you to Saihara, who you had a few classes like art, history and home economics. (Home economics being your favorite.)

     "It's nice to meet you Saihara!" You chirped.

    "Y-Yeah." Saihara mumbled, looking away.

     You took their orders and got to work while they sat down at a nearby table. You got their coffee and dessert, basically whatever they ordered to them and put it gently on the table. Kaede offered for you to sit and talk, but you had your business to attend to. You sat down by the register and hummed a melody while you spaced out. Why didn't you remember Saihara? Maybe his presence was hidden so well the teacher never notices him.

     "Hey, Saihara." You called.

     He flinched. "Y-Yeah?"

     "Why haven't I ever seen you in class before? Didn't we have a project to work on together?" You questioned.

     "Oh, um... yeah." Saihara replied in a mumble. "It's just that I don't really stick out."

     "But you're unique! I think being a detective isn't way better than someone who experiments with coffee, don't you think, Akamatsu-San?" You asked her.