Kaede Akamatsu x Reader

"KAYAYDAY!" You called out.

     "Geez, my name is Kaede, not Kayayday." She replied.

     "Fine, fine. But why does everybody call you that? Why can't I?" 

     "Because you're my best friend."

     "That means I get to poke fun at you the most! No fair!"

     Kaede Akamatsu, your best friend. You met her after school as she was practicing the piano. Your curiosity got the better of you, and you watched her play in all her glory. She was elegant and relaxed, her eyes shut as she played. She was beautiful. And thus started your friendship.

     Having known just a bit about playing piano, it didn't really help you were in the eyes of a professional. She helped you though, and you passed her so-called "exam" with flying colors. (Truth be told you just had to play a song of your choice without screwing up) It didn't occur to you that you were actually friends until she called you her best friend. You didn't call her piano idiot and insult her, but threw jokes instead.

     Did it help that she wanted to go to an amusement park with just you? No. She talked about that a lot, but instead of getting her other friends to go along, she wanted to just spend time with you. She was also pretty popular, so her hanging out with you, of all people, wasn't really good for her reputation.

     But you know what? You didn't care.

     Kaede had convinced you to go with her, and, with her whining, how could you just ignore her? So there you were, eating at an amusement park. You were a bit embarrassed, but Kaede wasn't. She was eager, and she was exploding with energy. She bounced up and down like a child, and she wanted to go on every rollercoaster and ride.

     "Kaede, I'm basically your mom and you're the five year old child who can't shut up." You whined. "We're best friends, not a mom and a child."

     "I know, I'm just really, really excited!" She said, and grabbed your hand, dragging you off to one of the rides. "Let's go on this one!"

     You blushed at the physical contact but let her drag you on one of the rollercoasters. She took a seat in the middle while you sat next to her in a bored manner. The ride started off slow like most rollercoasters and ended up being exciting and fast, as per usual. When you two exited the ride, Kaede was rambling about how great it was. You stopped her by putting your hands on her shoulders, and she looked at you in confusion and cocked her head to one side.

     "Kaede, no more rides. Why're you acting so strange? You're making me tired! It's usually me whose playing pranks and laughing and being extroverted!" You whined.

     "It's just that I'm really excited. We don't do much outside of school, and we're best friends!" Kaede explained. "So being here as our first meet up out of school is really great!"

     "Well, wouldn't it be more fun if everyone else came?"

     "Then it wouldn't be a date!"

     "Kaede, I thought this was a best friend meet up, not a date."

     "I may have picked up a few lying skills from Ouma..."

     You sighed but grabbed her hand and squeezed it tightly, and she went the tiniest shade of pink. She led you to a few more rides before it was dark, and you walked home with her by your side. It was enjoyable. When you got to your doorstep, you waved goodbye to Kaede, but not before her melodic voice stopped you.

     "Wait, I need to do something first!" Kaede insisted.

     You turned to her, and, before you could say anything, she kissed you on your lips. She was a fiery shade of red as she did the intimate act. You also turned flustered, but pressed back anyways. You lingered in the same spot for a moment before separating. Refusing to meet your gaze, Kaede quickly said bye and hurried off in embarrassment.

     "Hey, Kaede!" You called just before she could leave.

     She turned around, still a dark shade of red. "W-What is it?"

     "Love you!"