Chapter no.3 - A Day at Rivedale High

Your POV

Your POV

     The gentle rain hit the pavement softly like how a mother holds her baby. I couldn't help but stare at the drops falling from the pitch black sky. Not a star was in the sky, all the stars were dropping to the ground. I rubbed my tired  eyes and let out a small yawn. The fresh smell of rain helped to mask the scent of the dumpster a few feet away. I laugh to myself at the thought that hiding out in an alley was going to be like how it's done in the movies. It's not. There aren't cars going by all the time, laughter can't be heard from people, and no, something dramatic isn't going to happen, in reality nothing happens. It isn't sad or lonely, it's pathetic. I place my backpack on the patch of dry cement and shift my body, resting my head on the center of the bag. I pull out my phone and go to set an alarm, ouch! I retract my finger away from the screen and sigh as I pull the tiny screen shard out of my finger. I'm used to getting cut by this phone, it's what you should expect when you get a busted up, five year old phone from your foster monster. I didn't even realize how tired I was until I started going in out of being awake and asleep. I give into the tug of slumber and shut my eyes.

     BRRINGG! My alarm shouts for me to wake up and I obey. My back cracks as I stretch and stand up. The morning sun is bright but does no good in the warming department. I shudder as I walk out of the alley and to the café a few buildings away. I spotted this café last night and I decided I would go to it in the morning to change in the bathroom and get a coffee. The scent of freshly brewed coffee attacks my nose as I open the door. The place is already filled with people jonesing for a cup of energy. I make my way to the bathroom in the back of the café and slip inside. Once I'm in one of the cream colored stalls I take out the clothes I want to wear. Once I take my shirt off, I replace it with one of the long sleeve shirts from my bag. The shirt was black with a small rose patch on the top left corner. Then I put on the light wash high waisted jeans from my bag. Deciding to change my shoes as well, I put on the black checkered vans. Finishing it off by putting my green army jack back on, I walk out of the stall. I quickly pull out my hair brush and watch in the mirror as the bristles glide through my h/c hair. Next I put on some chapstick and one coat of mascara. When I decide I don't look like I just slept on the alley floor anymore, I leave the bathroom. The clock in the café reads 6:56 a.m.
       "Okay, I have time," I mumble to myself as I make my way to get in line to order.
       My heart slightly jumps as I read the prices on the board. $4 for a small coffee?! Against my better judgment I stay in line and order a small coffee with one cream and one sugar when it's my turn. After I pay I walk to the waiting area and huff at myself for how much I just payed.
      "Mantle!" A barista calls out as she places an elaborate drink on the counter.
      An athletically built guy in a blue shirt brushes past me and grabs the drink. As he turns around, he shoots me a smirk followed with a wink, then proceeds to the door. I smile to myself at how cocky that was of him. Before I know it my coffee is ready and I'm out the door.
I reach the front of Riverdale High and see plethora's of kids in cars, on the steps, and walking around. I scan the area too see if I spot Betty, or anyone I know for that matter. The leaves crunch under my shoes as I slowly walk toward the steps of the school. I spot Betty on the top of the steps, both of her hands interlocked with both of Jughead's hands. The way they are looking into each other's eyes makes a small smile appear on my face. Betty sees me climbing the steps and does a small hop before walking over to me.
      "Someone's excited," I chuckle.
      "This going to be great!" She squeals and grabs my hand. I feel my cheeks turn more pink than they were just standing here in the cold.
     Jughead walks next to Betty and gives me a quick up and down before saying, "I like your jacket,".
     "I like yours," I respond, admiring his black leather jacket.
     "Don't get used to it, Y/N, he's not suppose to be wearing it at school," She says to me but she's really talking to Jughead.
      "Whatever," He scoffs as he takes off the jacket, revealing a bright green snake on the back with the words Southside Serpents written across it. He slings the jacket on his shoulder and walks in.
      "You ready?" Betty questions, her big blue eyes staring into my e/c eyes.
      "Yes..." I say slowly, looking up at the brick building in front of me.
      "Yay! Let's go," She exclaims and let's go of my hand as she turns away to walk in.
       It wasn't until then that I realized our hands have been interlocked the whole time.