Chapter no.13 - Broadway

YOUR POV

YOUR POV

    The auditorium was dimly lit, students were piling in from all the doors. The black heels I was wearing clicked against the freshly polished wood. Gazing around the crowded auditorium, I concurred that I was overdressed. I had on a black thin strapped flowing dress and my (h/c) hair half up half down.

    "(Y/n)!" Betty screeched as she approached me with the regular group following behind her.

   "Hey!" I exclaimed. They all looked happy and Archie looked much better, I was happy for him.

    "You look so good!" Betty remarked as she looked me up and down.

    "Well, thank you for letting me borrow the clothes," I smiled politely.

    "Yeah, but, I wish we could've gotten ready together!" She frowned and whined in a cute voice.

    "I know! I just had to make up Mr. Rabe's test after school," I explained to the curious blond.

    "Oooh! How do you think you did?" Veronica joined the conversation.

    "Pretty good. I th—" Suddenly, we were cut off by the sound of a monotone voice announcing there is ten minutes before the play starts, over the speaker.

"Well, wish us luck!" Archie smiled and they walked towards the backstage.

Jughead was left standing in front of me. We haven't ever talked much, so I stared at my feet awkwardly. I can only assume he did the same.

"I have to videotape them backstage, wanna come with?" He asked and motioned towards the back.

"Sure," I laughed and we walked to where the cast was getting ready.

Once we reached the dressing rooms, Jughead opened a clunky cam-corder and took off filming. Not knowing what to do, I sheepishly walked around.

"How do I look?" Veronica popped out of nowhere with a question. She looked like a true 70s teen.

"Like a million bucks," I joked and smiled at her. She smiled back and gave me a quick kiss on the cheek before leaving.

As I continued to walk, I passed by Toni's room. I quickly did a back track and leaned against the door frame. She noticed me in the mirror and smiled.

"You ready?" I asked as I walked closer.

"Best I can be, you know?" She replied, she sounded a little nervous.

"Don't worry, Topaz. You'll be great," I responded, I was now standing behind her chair, staring at her in the mirror.

"Thanks," she said softly, staring back at me in the mirror.

I took a seat on the red stool next to her and examined her as she flicked a makeup brush against her cheek.

"Take a picture, it lasts longer," she giggled. I quickly looked down, I hadn't noticed how intensely I was staring at her. What has gotten into me? It's like she a brings out a whole new side in me out.