Chapter no. 6 - First Snow Fall

YOUR POV

YOUR POV

Lunch time finally rolls around and I walk out of the AP art history class I was just in. Honors classes are definitely hard, but I feel like I can manage. However, having proper school supplies would help. It's not fun writing notes on the back of your schedule and hoping the people next to you don't notice. The halls seem way more crowded than before. For no reason I can pinpoint, my eyes feel heavy and heart starts to ache. I used to have this feeling after crying in my room late at night because of whatever horrible thing my foster mother did to me that day. I don't understand how I could be feeling it right now. Maybe I'm overwhelmed, confused, worried, I have no idea. I turn into the lounge where I'm hoping everyone is sitting for lunch, my head still hung low. Archie is the only person in there. I sit down on the couch across from the couch he's sitting on. I slowly start to eat the granola bar I took out of my bag, but I notice Archie just staring at me. I look down, not wanting to meet his gaze.
        "How's your first day going?" He says, breaking the silence.
        "Besides being placed in some of the most boring AP classes ever, not too bad," I say, trying to make my voice sound as happy as I can to mask the weird sadness I'm feeling.
        Just then, a flood of familiar faces invade the lounge. It's Veronica, Betty, Kevin, Fangs, Jughead, Sweetpea, and Cheryl. But, there's no Toni. I keep my eyes on the door to see if she'll waltz in, but after Sweetpea walks in, no one else does. They all take seats and talk amongst each other. Jughead and Archie do some weird handshake while laughing. Cheryl sits on a red chair, her arms crossed and her lips pursed. Why is she here? I notice Betty staring right at Cheryl with an unamused look. What does she have against her?
         "(Y/n)! How is it going so far?" Veronica peps up.
         "Not too bad!" I say with a weak laugh.
         Veronica must have noticed the sad undertone in my voice because she gives me a sympathetic smile.
         "Hey, how about you go shopping with me after school?" She asks with a smile.
         "Oh that's really sweet, but I have enough clothes," I say as nice as I can. I actually do need new clothes, but there is no way I have enough money.
         "It doesn't have to be for clothes, dummy. You probably need some notebooks and pencils and all that jazz," She explains. She's right.
         "Okay, why not!" I answer and smile softly.
          "Well, can I come ?" Betty says, finally turning her attention away from the red-headed drama queen.
          "I don't see why not," Veronica answers. Her voice doesn't sound that convincing. Does she not want Betty to come?
          "What about me?" Archie pouts and rests his head on Veronica's shoulder, while looking up at her with puppy eyes.
          "Girls day," She says sternly and playfully pushes his head off her shoulder.
          "Come on! You had a girls day yesterday with them," Archie pouts again, but he laughs a little. 
          Cheryl scoffs at what Archie says, loudly, to ensure she'd have all the attention on her. It works. Even Fangs and Sweetpea who were fighting, as usual, turned to look at Cheryl.   
          "Cheryl, why are you even here?" Jughead ask with an annoyed tone and an annoyed expression to match.
         Betty smiles to herself and takes a sip of her juice from the white straw in the cup.
         "Well, as you losers know, the play is in 2 weeks. I don't feel like we're prepared. I propose we start having rehearsals during lunch," She says while standing up dramatically.
        "Yeah...no, practicing from 4-7 everyday is enough for me," Archie scoffs and takes a bite of his lunch.
         "I can't believe I'm the only one who cares. You will all be burned when you get on stage and embarrass yourself in front of the whole school," She practically yells and storms off.
         "She does realize she's not Carrie, right?" Kevin says with a vexed expression on his face.
         "And for that Cheryl tantrum, I'm skipping practice today and we're going shopping," Veronica explains and looks at Betty and I. Betty smiles and I nod slowly. I really do not want to make enemies with Cheryl.
         "Where have you been?!" Sweetpea shouts at the person walking in the room. I turn to see it's Toni who's walking in. She had a smirk plastered on her red lips.
         "Hooking up in the janitors closet with another guy?" Fangs comments with a grin.
         "Wouldn't you like to know," Toni sarcastically snaps back. For some reason, what Fangs says inspires jealously and anger in the pit of my stomach
          "Hey," She says happily while taking a seat next to me.
          "Hi," I say with anger in my voice and I don't even bother to meet her gaze. Though I'm not looking at her, I feel her expression become hurt and confused. What the actual hell is wrong with me?

          20 minutes later, the bell rings, signaling the end of lunch. We all pack up and start to leave. I hang back quietly. Most people have left, besides Fangs and Toni, who are talking about something in hushed tones. When they're done, Fangs walks past me while smirking. I turn around to see to Toni throwing her leather jacket over her shoulder and grabbing her other belongings. I huff and walk over to her.
         "Hey, I'm really sorry I acted like a jerk a while ago. I just- I don't know. There's something going on with me and it's making me really confused and angry, and," I try to explain. I notice her face change from a stone hard expression to a soft one.
          She places her hand on my arm and immediately the weird happy feeling reappears.
          "It's okay, I'm always here to talk," she smiles and I feel calm almost instantly. Again, what the hell is wrong with me?
          "Thanks Toni, it means a lot. I don't mean to sound like a drama queen, but there is so much going on right now and I don't know how to handle it," I say, my words becoming jumbled and flustered.
           "Hey, Hey, Hey. It's okay! Let's just take a walk," She says, her hand still lingering on my arm. I like the idea very much and slowly nod my head.

          "So, what's going on?" Toni finally asks after we had been walking outside the school for two minutes.
           I debate in my mind about what I should tell her. Can I trust her with my secret?
          "I'm a bit overwhelmed right now, I guess I miss my parents or my home," I lie. I don't miss my home or foster mother, but I do feel like I'm missing something.
           I look up at Toni. The wind wipes through her coffee brown and candy pink hair. Her face is soft and her eyes glisten under the early winter sun.
          "I get it, I miss my old school," She says softly as we continue to walk down the path behind the school.
          After a minute of walking in comforting silence, I say, "I've never skipped class before,".
         "Well, there's a first for everything," she answers and I feel her eyes look at me but I don't turn to meet her gaze. I'm too distracted by the few flakes of white snow that are starting to fall. I've never been outside during the first snowfall of the winter, ever. I'm usually inside doing whatever chores Liz forces me do. I always thought the snow was so beautiful. The snow started to fall a little heavier and I couldn't help but smile to myself.
         "Uh...(Y/n), what's your last name?" Toni asks with a shaky voice.
         I turn to answer Toni, but I'm greeted with her phone extended in front of her. The screen reads:

missing person: (Y/N) (L/N)
description - about (y/h) feet (y/h ) inches tall,
(e/c) eyes and (h/c) hair.
call the police with any information

Oh, fuck.

a/n
hi hi hi. lmao so kind of a cliffhanger/intense ending. hopefully you guys like it ?!?! I just have a question. do the gifs at the start of each chapter work? if they don't I want to fix it. comment what you think y/n is going to do!!
ily all !
— kendall

VOTE, COMMENT, AND FOLLOW ME :)