Chapter no.11 - Buzzed

YOUR POV

YOUR POV

       Music pulsed down the whole block. The beat pounded as hard as my heart did. Stop being so scared, it's just a party. I exhaled sharply and continued walking to Kevin's house.  A surge of confidence rippled through me, thanks to the nice outfit Betty gave me. An off the shoulder, long sleeve, dark green top flowed against my skin and shoulders. To accompany, I was wearing tight black pants and a pair of Betty's black boots. Cold wind smacked my face and suddenly, I was scared again.

      "God , come on!" A harsh voice called behind me.

      I swung my head aground to see Reggie confidently smiling and jogging towards the booming house.

      A small chuckle escaped my lips. The music grew louder as I opened the gate and walked up to the door. With no further hesitation, I opened the door and stepped foot into the raging party. The music was louder, there were people everywhere, and the smell of booze stung the air. I rubbed my palms together as I took in the scene. After scanning the room, I walked towards the kitchen. I had to squeeze past sweaty bodies grinding against others and jocks downing whole beer cans like pixie sticks. I threw my hands on to marble table in the kitchen.

       "How is it goin'!" Veronica called out, Betty, Archie, and Jughead trailing behind her.

      "Can I confess something?" I bit my lip.

       They all nodded slowly and leaned in a bit.

      "This is my first party," I looked down and blushed with embarrassment.

      "Whoa, holy shit!" Archie laughed.

      I didn't respond, I just continued to look down.

      "Well, lets make it a memorable first party!" Betty yelled and grabbed my hand.

       She pulled me into the main dance area, the other followed behind with happy smiles. Betty started dancing like no one was watching and I stood there with a goofy smile.

       "Dance! Like this!" Jughead screamed over the music and grabbed my hand. We danced the the beat, jumping up and down and laughing like maniacs.

        After a couple songs of absolute crazy dancing, I tripped my way to the kitchen again.

       "Wanna try it?" Cheryl's recognizable voice asked.

       "What?" I asked Cheryl.

       "God! A drink!" She huffed and held up two red solo cups.

       I smiled timidly and looked into her burning eyes.

      "Take it, you snooze," she groaned and shoved the cup into my hand.

      I slowly brought the cup to my lip and took a sip, the beer tasted stale and hit my stomach in a weird way, but I smiled at Cheryl and she smiled brightly back. The drink left a warm and bubbly feeling in my chest. I decided to take a few more sips.