Chapter no.9 - Locker Talk

YOUR POV

YOUR POV

I woke up to a twilight sky. I was lying face down on Betty's bed, my clothes and shoes still on. The sound of light rain hitting the window filled the dim lit room. I sat up, my hand reaching to my head, a faint headache swarmed my head. Betty was not in the room. The clock read 9:35 pm. I slowly got up from the bed, my whole body was tired. The wooden framed mirror on Betty's desk called me to look in. My eyes were puffy and red, my cheeks just as red. The memories of what happened a few hours ago flooded my mind. The sound of the door creaking open caused me to dart my attention to the door.

"Oh! You're up!" Betty pointed out with a slightly confused tone, a plate with a salad on it in her hands.

"Um, yes," I slowly replied, I wasn't exactly sure I was awake. My mind was as cloudy as a chilly Halloween night.

"How are you? You must've been so tired from crying so hard," she said as she placed the plate on her end table.

"I think I'm fine," I faintly laughed.

"Well, this is for you if you want it," Betty explained, motioning to the plate.

"Thanks," I whispered, my eyes returning to the mirror.

I looked drained. But, I knew inside I didn't feel that way. I finally had someone who knew what was going on, who cared, who wanted to help.

The sound of a phone beeping shook me from my thoughts. It came from my phone. I quickly snatched the phone off Betty's bed.

imessage
| hey, this Cheryl. I meant to text you
     earlier, lol!
9:36pm

I looked up to see if Betty was looking at me; she wasn't. I texted back immediately, my fingers flying over the cracks and pressing on the pixelated letters.

| lol, it's okay. what's up?
sent: 9:36 pm

I shut off my phone and threw it back on the bed. Betty turned her attention to me.

"Who was that?" She questioned. She sat down next to me on the bed.

"Cheryl," I answered, my lip slightly quivered, because I was nervous she wouldn't approve.

"Oh," her voice fell short, "what's she up to?".

I picked up my phone to see if she responded, and she had. I read the text before returning my attention to Betty.

"Apparently, she's just sitting in her living room, I guess on her phone," I explain.

I pick my phone back up to respond, saying sarcastically how fun that must be.