2|Partner Up|

I woke up with the annoying beeping sounds of my alarm clock. I quickly got out of bed, dressed up in my usual clothes and decided to make some breakfast for myself. Usually, I skip meals. Sometimes, I just steal granola bars from our food stall.

When I headed downstairs, my stepfather was in his room. I opened the cabinets and saw some pancake mixes. I mixed it and heated the pan. I also brewed coffee for myself since I don't feel too much energy in me.

"Look who finally became responsible enough to make breakfast." My sober stepdad laughed. I knew I shouldn't have made breakfast. Now, I have to face my stepfather. He grabbed the coffee mug and drank all of it. That was for me, idiot!

I ignored him while he sat on the couch and I'm cooking pancakes. After I finished cooking it, I realized I was running out of time so I grabbed the pancake with my hand and started sprinting towards the door.

"The hell do you think you're going?" My stepfather grabbed me, pushing me away from the door. "It's a place called school." I snapped back. I realized that my words angered him more, earning a punch in the face.

A fucking black-eye, thanks!

"You think you can give me that attitude, huh?" He smirked while he took the pancake out of my hand and kicking me out of the house. "Enjoy school, try not to come back!" He growled. Oh boy, if I have enough money to run away from him, I've done it even before high school started.

Since I basically left with nothing, I had no choice but to climb back to my house. Yes, climb. I went at the backyard, where my room window was and I quickly moved my way up. One thing I've learned from the past is to leave my window open.

When I grabbed my backpack and my skateboard, I went to the bathroom to get the healing cream for my eye. Because of his punch, I look like a freaking dead streetfighter. Then, I put on some shades. After disguising my not so great eye, I jumped back down and went to school.

When I arrived there, I ran to the back door since it was the nearest to my math class. Luckily, I was a minute before the bell. Class started as usual and Brandon was sitting next to me again. I must admit, his scent is really good and so are his features. Well, I've known that already for a really long time...

Mr. Cross started discussing intro to calculus, honestly, it's boring. Not to brag but I already know school shit. I mean, everything's just a repeat of what we learn in high school.

"I have a worksheet but not enough for everyone so, partner up and solve these pre-calc problems." Great, I hate partner worksheets. I always make the work by myself.

Suddenly, Brandon passes a paper to me and I open and read it, 'Hey, emo, do the worksheet and put my name on it too, aight?'

I crumpled the paper and let it fall on the floor. I didn't look at him nor did I respond to him. When I received the worksheet, Brandon excused himself because he 'needed to go to the bathroom'

The worksheet was a piece of cake. After I finished it, I was about to pass it forward when Brandon comes back from his little ditch stunt. He grabbed the paper from my hand and I knew I was in deep shit but still, I don't give a damn.

He borrowed a pen from the lady in front of him which gave her blushes. I also noticed her giving her number, stop being a slut, jeez... He wrote his name in the paper and passed it forward. Then, he leaned closer to me which was completely out of normal. I didn't want him to make me feel uncomfortable so I turned and look at the other way.

"No one disobeys a Hunter, emo, especially Brandon Hunter." He whispered. I wanted to slap him, hit him, or even give him the middle finger but like I said, I don't want school attention and my thoughts clearly result in some attention.

When Math finished, I went straight to the women's locker room for P.E. You know what sucks? I have kickboxing while other girls have walking, tennis, volleyball. I changed into my gym clothes and wrapped my fists before going to the gym.

In our class, most of them were men. Actually, there were about fifteen men while there were six women, including myself. "Alright, do your stretches then, I'll give you your partners for the month!" My coach, Mr. West, ordered.

We did our stretches and I could feel how sore my body is. I've tried my best to cover every bruise with concealers and make-up stuff but as you can see, I'm not the type of girl who knows how to do those.

Everyone was being partnered up and I was left without a partner. Well, I guess I'm out for the day! "Ms. Morgan, you can go to the weight room and do some lifts." Mr. West said.

I was about to go to the weight room when a deep voice echoed through the gym, "I'll be her partner, coach!" I turned around, praying that my assumptions were wrong but then, I'm right.

Brandon Hunter.

"Great, Mr. Hunter, Although you're not in time, I'll excuse you for today. Don't go easy on her just because she's a girl, understood?" I honestly don't mind if he doesn't, I mean, I'm a pretty good fighter.

I lived with my stepfather for five years now, I've learned handful moves...

"I don't intend to, coach." He smirked before telling me to follow him to the ring.

Brandon Hunter's wearing his gym shorts with a white shirt. I could see his defined abs through his shirt, he really does work out a lot. Well, he's a gang leader, street fighter, basketball and football player.

The whole time, I wasn't looking directly at his eyes. I'm bad at eye contact, plus, he'll see my black eye if I look up.

"Hit me with your best shot, little one."