18|The Fight|

The fight began, men and women of different sizes and shapes stood in the ring with fierce and confident looks yet all of them looked ready to get beaten up. On the other hand, my boys didn't look any less brave and proud. Yes, I just called them my boys because they're all my best friends.

I wonder what's taking them so long before going up and fighting on that ring but my thoughts were answered when the announcer called for the NightWalker Gang. Apparently, they've been three times in a row as the defending champion.

Knowing that all of them are strong, I didn't sweat when I saw who's going up against them. Brandon and Darren are clearly taller than both of their opponents while Vincent and Gabriel appeared more muscular.

As the bell rang, Vincent and his opponent stepped up which created loud cheers from the crowd. Their fight was indeed impressive because Vincent dodged every hit and blow that was given to him. His opponent was like a growling dog while Vincent was a cheetah, fast and strong.

Obviously, he won in a matter of two minutes. Did he even break a sweat? I guess not, based on the victorious smile on his face. He walked towards me while giving a wave and flying kisses to the girls calling out his name. Popularity is his game, I thought to myself.

Then, it was Gabriel's turn. I was a lot more confident that he would win because the man that stood in front of him looked like skin and bones. How were they even confident to fight Brandon's gang?

When their fight started, Gabriel didn't move as much. His opponent tried various punches to him that didn't even made him flinch. They stayed there for what was like two minutes and before the timer went down, Gabriel gave a roundhouse kick that sent the man flying off the ring.

Just like that, he won. The bragging Gabriel of the NightWalker Gang, I teased him while he just laughed and sat behind me, drinking 'water' that surely smelled like some type of alcohol. I gave him the 'seriously' look but in return, I received a wink.

"I thought this battle was supposed to be intense," I asked both Vincent and Gabriel. They laughed at me and said, "It will be." What's that supposed to mean? Then, Darren stepped up, shirtless, showing off his abs and toned muscles.

What surprised me was the other two men that stood inside the ring. Will he be fighting two? Not that I didn't believe in him but another person caught my attention. On the opposite side of the ring, there was Anne, the girl from the burger shack where I worked.

She happily cheered Darren's opponents while standing on the sidelines. I gave her a glaring look which she returned by rolling her eyes at me. The fight began and silence fell among the whole place.

Everyone anticipated the first move, punch, or kick. It's funny how two men took a step backward every time Darren took a step forward. Then, it happened. One of them threw a weak punch that Darren easily missed.

The crowd erupted in cheers while everything before my eyes happened in slow motion. I didn't even realize the referee holding out Darren's hand as the sign of victory. Third win, no wonder they will always be the defending champion.

"Easy fight," he mouthed to the two defeated men and he even acknowledges a furious Anne. He gave him a mocking wink which I also laughed at. Darren went down and I gave him a fist bump and congratulated him.

"Cassidy, stay here," all of them said in unison. I looked at them, confused but then, I saw Brandon, also shirtless, facing three muscular men. Hell no, there's no way he'll be fighting three. "What kind of unfair fight is this?" I asked them angrily.

"He fought two before, he can fight three," Darren said but failed to reassure me. I poured my attention to the ring, Brandon shot his gaze over me and said, "I got this." I must admit, his fight is giving me goosebumps.

"What's the rule of the fight?" I asked Vincent since he's the most honest man. He shrugged it off which showed that he was hiding something from me. "Tell me or I'll do something irrational," I threatened them.

Then, Gabriel spoke, "We can fight one or have partners as long as we don't out-number the enemy." That's it? They should have told me a long time that they needed one more in the team! "I am going in," I told them but Darren stopped me.

"He can handle this, Cassidy," he said sternly. The last game was of three sets. I sat anxiously as the game began. Three men against Brandon Hunter, my Brandon.

When the fight began, the three men were unstoppable. I could tell how badly they wanted to win as the three of them took Brandon's front, left, and right side but to Brandon's avail, they hit him like a tap on his shoulder.

The first set finished and Brandon won. Looking at him closely, I could tell that he was also exhausted, much more than his opponents and it worried me. As the bell rang again, one of the men landed a punch on his face, giving him a gash on his eyebrow.

He used his right hand to wipe off the blood but then another kick landed on his left leg, Brandon fell on the floor. He can't lose, not today, I told myself while watching three people beat him up until the second set ended, it was now a tie.

Brandon laid on the floor, gasping for air when the announcer said, "In this tie-breaker round, The NightWalker Gang may have another person that hasn't fought in the previous battles of today."

Dead silence fell among the crowd as if waiting for another person to step up. Based on how Brandon looked, he clearly needed another person to win and I knew exactly what to do.

Stepping towards the ring, I took off my shirt, revealing my sports bra and my leggings. Luckily, I'm ready to fight, I'll always be ready to fight for my man. Ignoring Darren's calls, I stepped up and said,

"I'm joining the fight."