8|New Side|

I rested on the comfortable bed in the guest room. It's already dark outside as I looked at the window. Today, a lot of things happened.

First, the incident in school with Khloe Hamilton. That bitch. Second, the gang kidnapping me. Third, Brandon torturing and interrogating me. Fourth, the attack. Lastly, saving Darren's life.

How the hell did all of those fit in one day? Plus, will I be sleeping here for the night? I can't miss another day of school. It's been only a month since it started and I'm already in so much trouble.

I looked over the closets and drawers. No clothes. I'm not sleeping in the same clothes I have either. What the hell do I do?

As if someone heard my frustrations, someone knocked at the door. Damn, they had manners? I was about to open it when Vincent already did. Yep, manners.

"Hey, I thought that you might wanna change your clothes and take a shower." Well, this is a new side of Vincent. He always looks serious.

I thankfully took the clothes, towel, and the toothbrush he gave me. "How's Darren's arm?" I asked.

"You still care?" He laughed. "He's alive and breathing," he added. Well, of course, I care, it's not like I would let him die if I can!

"If I was another person, I'd talk my way out of here but you see, I can tell that it won't happen so I just want to ask how long this kidnapping will last." They won't probably harm me more than Brandon did, right? After all, they may be a vicious gang but they wouldn't kill someone innocent.

Vincent was about to answer when Gabriel butted in, "Don't you have a smart mouth?" we both looked at him and I was surprised to see another side of Gabriel. I bet he is the joker.

"Unlike you people, I have to finish my senior year, work, and go to college. I have bills to pay since I'm not any rich man's daughter." They both chuckled my response. Weird right? They kidnapped me and I'm here casually stirring a conversation.

"We will bring you to school tomorrow then, I don't know if Brandon will let you go after that." Their faces held an emotion which I couldn't figure out. Were they worried about my welfare?

"Can I ask you guys a question?" Their response was a nod so I took that as a yes. "Do you believe Brandon? Do I really look like a gang member to you?"

I waited for them to speak but the silence seems to grow longer and louder. Ironic. "No, we don't. Even Darren doesn't." Vincent finally broke the silence and responded.

Somehow, I knew that no one else believed their gang leader but I'm not that stupid to think that they can convince him otherwise. Why? It's because I know Brandon Hunter too well.

"I think I've heard enough stories about him to make myself believe that if he wants me, I have no way out," I sighed. I still want to know why he is so eager to keep me here.

"It's like you got him all figured out, Cassidy." Gabriel laughed. I know.

My intuitions were right, he is the joker and giggler. If I tell this to other people, they'd call me delusional for telling them that a NightWalker gang knows how to laugh.

"And we all know that if I even think of escaping, I'll end up in my house which is frankly across your leader's house. So, out of mere curiosity, where the hell are we?" It's creepy because I know that we're in a damn forest.

"Oh, this place is one of Brandon's lakehouses. He decided to keep you here because he doesn't want you jumping out of his house and running to your house." Vincent's response didn't come as a surprise anymore, it's how Brandon is.

"It's getting pretty late and I'm betting you guys will wake me up so early." They both agreed and left the room.

Having that non-stressful conversation helped me a bit. I'm still dazed with my situation but hey, it's not like they're serial killers.

I just have to prove to Brandon that I'm not a threat nor an enemy. The old him would have believed me. I showered quickly and dried my hair.

I noticed how the original shade of red is starting to show up, the last time I've colored it is before summer. I need to recolor it soon.

After my relaxing bath, I dressed in the shirt and pajamas that Vincent has given me. I stepped outside the bathroom when I noticed another stack of clothes with a note on it.

Cassidy,
Here are the clothes you can wear for tomorrow :)
-Gabriel

I smiled when I realized how much they've noticed my style. Yep, he gave me an oversized black hoodie with sweats. This is probably his clothes since it's not any girl's clothes. I left it on the table and went to the bed.

After some time of trying myself to fall asleep, I gave up. Do you know those nights when you just feel damn tired but when you get to bed, it's like your energy went back?

Yes, I'm feeling it right now. I decided to get up and go outside my room. Surprisingly, I wasn't locked on the inside.

Not knowing where to go, I headed to the kitchen. Would they mind if I steal any snacks? That won't make me look like a gang member, right?

I tiptoed my way to the fridge. When I opened it, I saw heaven. Paradise! When was the last time I've seen fresh strawberries, Nutella, and freaking whipped cream! I love it so much.

Instantly, I grabbed the three loves of my life. I started dipping a strawberry in the Nutella jar before stuffing whipped cream into my mouth. It was so delicious that I let out a moan.

I think I was busy eating too much that I didn't realize someone was watching me. "You'll be damned if Brandon finds out you just ate his strawberries!"

I turned around to see a sleepy Darren trying to make his way to the bathroom. What made me laugh is when he warned me about what I just did. I shrugged it off and helped Darren with his arm.