15|His Apology|

I took off my uniform and changed into my black shirt. Then, I walked out of the employee's room since Anne agreed to take my shift.

Her words a while ago came as a shock to me. She made it seemed that she's desperate for attention, not for any of the gang members but Brandon himself.

They were all waiting for me in the parking lot, each of them leaning on the door. As I approached then, I noticed the growing smirks on their faces.

"What the hell's wrong with all of you?" I asked. No one responded instead, they opened the door for me, next to the driver's seat.

I entered the car and all of them did too. As usual, Brandon was the driver and he started the engine. No one's talking so I decided to shut my mouth and rest in the car.

Brandon stared at me for a moment and for the first time, I felt like I saw compassion in his eyes. He didn't look at me with his serious piercing gaze but a softer one.

As Brandon drove further, I realized that he was heading out to a forest but why? A few minutes later, my guess was right. He pulled over on the side of the road and everyone went down.

"Cassidy put this on," Darren said while he gave me a black hoodie because the weather was colder today.

We walked for a couple of minutes until my surrounding became a lot more familiar. This was the forest where Brandon's lakehouse was.

All the memories of the day they kidnapped me and Brandon hitting me came back and I felt a little bit nauseous.

I still didn't know why we went here but as I got dizzier, Gabriel held my back and whispered, "I know it's coming back to you, just breathe, we're almost there."

Thankfully, we made our way back to the front of the lakehouse and entered. I expected them to sit on the couch or just relax but they all went downstairs to the garage.

Seriously, why would they go there knowing that I've had a little traumatic experience in there? I decided not to follow them and I sat on the kitchen stool.

Confusion was all you could see in my face. First, interrupting work. Second, making Anne take my shift. Third, a very quiet car ride. Fourth, bringing me back here.

"Cassidy!" Vincent shouted for me to gown. Hesitantly, I did. All of them were looking at me except Brandon wasn't on the stairs.

"Okay, somebody tell me what the fuck is going on," I demanded. Darren just looked at me and opened the door leading to the garage.

The sight that I saw shocked me. Brandon Hunter tied up in a chair looking helpless. If this was some type of prank, I'm out of this. It disturbs me to see him like that.

"Are you guys sick or twisted?" I asked before getting the strapped knife on my thigh, ready to cut the roped and free him.

"No, Cassidy, hear him out," Gabriel said. I gave him a puzzled look and turned to look at Brandon.

"Cassidy," he said. He never called me by my name and that surprised me. "Brandon, what's happening?" I asked in a calm manner.

"Almost six months ago, I did horrible things to you. I made you do things against your will, I kidnapped you, hurt you, and accused you of untrue things. I'm a d¡ck, a douchebag, I don't deserve your forgiveness but I'm sorry, Cassidy Jules Morgan."

My mouth opened to say something but nothing came out. Brandon Hunter just said sorry to me and I don't know what to say or do. I can't believe what he just said and most importantly, he thinks that I don't deserve his forgiveness.

"Being tied up doesn't make sense," were the only words that came out of my mouth.

"Hit me," he said. Okay, Brandon's definitely twisted right now. "Hit you for what?" I confusedly asked.

"Take out your anger on me, hit me like I hurt you before, I deserve it," he said.

He seriously thinks hitting him will change anything? Only if he knew how much I care for him.

I walked towards him and he was anticipating my punch but it never came. Instead, I held my knife and slashed the ropes in his hands.

"First, I wasn't mad, I was distraught. Second, it was a long time ago. Third, hitting you won't make me feel better, Brandon," I said.

He looked at me for a second and then, he looked down. "So you accept my apology?" There's nothing to accept, Brandon.

"In one condition," I said as an idea pops into my mind. "Stop ignoring me like I don't exist."

Darren interrupted the both of us when he entered the room, "He was ignoring you because he felt guilty, Cass."

They all laughed and I saw relief in Brandon's eyes. Who knew the big bad boy had a soft side? It's like I'm seeing my old friend in him again.

"I was expecting double pay for today but you kidnapped me again," I mocked. Suddenly, I remembered Anne and what she said to me.

"You okay?" Brandon asked. Should I tell him? Probably it won't hurt. "Yeah, I just remembered Anne," I answered.

"She was all over us a while ago," Vincent laughed. They talked about her and then I blurted it out, "She said that being with Darren is a step closer to Brandon."

Silence fell until they all burst into laughter again. "In her dreams," Brandon said.

We all went outside and decided to have a bonfire. Of course, it came with smores! I still couldn't believe that Brandon's once again, my friend.

Just as I thought that my senior high would end boringly, I was wrong. Who cares if people in school would judge me? At least, I have my best friend back again.

Brandon Hunter and his gang are my closest friends, even closer than my stepfather. Brandon's apology was truly heart-melting, he's right, he may be a douchebag but he'll always deserve my forgiveness, no matter what.