19|Taken|

"Cassidy, what the fuck do you think you're doing?" Brandon whispered in a very harsh tone.

I looked at him and said, "I'm doing you a favor by helping you win this goddamn fight. No, I'm not seeing you get beaten up by three giants today," I answered.

Does he think that I couldn't fight with him by my side? Has he forgotten that I was the one who saved him the day that a man pointed a gun at his head?

"Neither am I going to see you get beaten to a pulp, Morgan!" Hearing him call me by my last name meant that he was dead ass serious but so was I.

"We win this together or we lose this together, Hunter. It's your freaking choice!" I told him and just as I stepped into the ring, the bell rang and the fight began.

I didn't place myself in my fighting position. I waited until I saw how they positioned themselves. One thing that I have learned, always know your enemy.

Nobody dared to move. Brandon was alert as I am while the three men circled the both of us. I have fought alone but never with someone else.

Maybe the best thing to do right now is fight by the flow. Brandon and I don't have a plan but we only have one thing in mind. Win.

"Take the two and I'll take the big one," I whispered to Brandon and before he could protest, I've charged a kick straight to the man's ribs.

My always best form of attack is through surprise. My enemy's probably weak and in shock as of the moment because he already stumbled down but that didn't stop me.

All the punches, kicks, blows and hits from my stepfather, I poured it all out on him, bruising him in every way possible. The man also had a few chances of hitting me but I know that I was a beast, attacking him like my prey.

We fought until I know that I could make him tap out. I waited for him to stand up until I could swing my legs over his neck or torso and put him down.

That's exactly what I did until I saw the other side of the ring. Brandon, fighting like the true warrior he is but he didn't anticipate the other man that was about to come from his back.

"Brandon!" I screamed but it was too late. Hoping that only a gush from his eyebrow would appear, I was wrong.

The man's kick led him flying almost to the edge of the ring. Now, I'm all by myself, fighting three people.

"Tap out, Cassidy!" Brandon and his friends pleaded but no, I'm in this game to win for them, for Brandon, and for myself.

I'm not the same helpless girl that my stepfather saw when I lost my mother. Just like how she is, I'm strong and I can handle anything that gets in my way.

"Come on, little one, show me your best shot," they mocked and laughed. Oh, I have no time for games, boys. With the little time, they spent unfocused, I released my inner demons.

Every charge I gave to each of them, I made sure that it would at least leave them having broken bones. They all lost their teamwork when one of them had tapped out because of his broken ribs.

That way, it was easier to fight the last two. "One minute!" The host said and the screams got louder. I was getting exhausted but I knew I could win it.

All I had to know was how to hold them down both for the last second. It didn't matter when we got to the last fifteen seconds because as soon as the man almost hit my stomach, a familiar pair of muscular arms held it down.

Brandon was up again and he fought by my side. On the last second, both opponents were pinned down and we won.

The NightWalker Gang won.

Although I expected the bell to ring again, telling everyone that the fight was over, the sound was much more louder than the bell

Gunshots.

I looked over where the sound came from and all I saw nothing but chaos. Who would want to mess up this streetfighting games where all of the notorious gangs were?

Everyone started holding up their weapons while some people started screaming like they were already dead. Quickly, I jumped off the ring and held my head low, not to cause any attention for myself. If anything, this is what I'm good at.

"Stay close, Cass," Darren whispered, pulling me closer to the group. I was waiting for Brandon to join but as the head of the gang, he followed where the gunshots came from.

"Stop holding me! We have to follow Brandon," I told them but they were all disagreeing. Sure, he's the leader but that doesn't mean that we should just let him fight by himself. After all, this is a gang.

I may not be part of it but right now, I have their mark. It means that I'm also a NightWalker. Before I could start getting off their holds, Gabriel dragged me all the way back to the car.

They mumbled a 'sorry' and then, I heard a metal click. Fucking idiots! They handcuffed one of my wrists on the door handle. Now, they left me here, all alone.

"Vincent! Please, don't leave me here. Brandon might need back-up," I begged them but with a blink of an eye, they vanished like bubbles popping into thin air.

The gunshots ceased, only to be replaced by fighting sounds and screams. People were rushing out of the building. Even the gang we fought were like scared little puppies, running to their motorcycles, scared for their life.

If most gangs were already outside, then, were was my gang? I just hoped that Brandon didn't take the matters to his own hands like he always does.

Then, my question was quickly answered when
Darren and the gang came out of the blue. "Where the hell is Brandon?" I asked all of them but they were all gasping for air.

"The Massacre Gang took him."