4|Following|

Three weeks later ...

Things have gotten worse in my life. My stepfather became more abusive. Right now, I'm skipping school since I have to treat my head injuries.

He basically threw a beer bottle at my face while he was impatiently waiting for the breakfast I'm making.

Such an asshole.

In school, people stared at me for days. Why? Because of the fucking deal! Yes, I've been doing double homework because of Vincent's punishment. I look like a pathetic waitress serving Darren's food every day. Gabriel's artwork was done a week later so I didn't have much to do as he says.

The worse is Brandon. Yes, that evil bastard. Nightwalker is hot and good-looking, I'll give them that but they're sadistic and ruthless! Brandon ordered me to do unreasonable shit.

The first week, he made me steal the attendance sheet because apparently, he needs a perfect attendance. Then, he ordered me to paint the skate park walls in white color. After that, he made me make a huge graffiti saying, 'NightWalker Territory'

There were a few times that I didn't follow him. I actually have one strike left. Why? I didn't do as he said when he told me to wear a skirt in school. No way in hell! He also told me to sit with them for lunch which I happily refused. 

The last two things I declined was when he asked me to knock him down in kickboxing and hang out with them. I know, the things he ordered me to do so were pretty easy but I don't have that slutty confidence to do it. Wearing a different colored shirt was hard enough even though I wore dark blue.

By the way, he found out that I live across his house, I've been living there for more than five years and he only knew about it now! It's because he followed me with his creepy stalking with his gang. He even thought I was going to rob his house. I may not be wealthy but I'm definitely not that low.

- - - - - - - - - - 

I am lying down on my bed, waiting for my wounds to heal. Every time I move, I flinch. I think my stepfather lost in gambling again. My phone buzzed and I opened a message notification. I didn't expect to see who it was.

Darren H. - Where are you, princess?

Damn it! He always calls me princess and it's really annoying.

Me - Away from you.

Darren H. - I hope you know that you're playing a dangerous game, princess.

Ever since I got involved with their gang, I've been in a dangerous game. I only have one week left before they leave my ass off and I couldn't be more excited!

Me - What do you want?

Darren H. - You ;)

Dickhead!

Me - Not now, not ever. Get loss!

Darren H. - Come over to Brandon's place tonight, let's have some fun.

Seriously? Why would I even go into a gang leader's place? It's not like I have a damn deathwish!

Me - There's one whole cheer squad who would love that offer. Bye.

That got him to shut up. Do you know how he got my number? Oh, he used the almighty 'Brandon Hunter' to order me to do so. I don't know what's up with Darren. It's not like he knows... right?

I put my headphones on and decided to play some music. My stepfather said that he'll be out for a while. Trust me, when he means, 'while' it can last for months. It has happened all the time. What struck me the most is that he spends it with other women. Women that don't even compare to the beauty of my mother.

I miss my mother so much. As for my real father, I have vivid memories of him. My mom said that he died at a young age after I was born because he was ill. Somehow, I don't believe her because my mother never took me to his grave.

Whenever I think about my mother, I now blame myself. Yes, my stepfather has done so much damage that I myself believes that it should have been me. What is if it was me? Maybe I'm not having this miserable life anymore.

I shouldn't have gotten in the car that day. I should have walked home instead of calling my mother to pick me up. I could have done a lot more but I failed, because of me, she's gone. That accident will be a constant reminder of everyone I've lost. I still thank Him that no other lives were taken. 

- - - - - - - - - -

When I got bored, I jumped down from my window with my bow and arrows. It's time to have a little fun. I took my usual route to the nearby forest. Of course, I came prepared. I never allow myself to go somewhere without bringing weapons. Besides my bow and arrows, I strapped a knife on my thigh, just in case.

Soon I arrived there and I dropped my bag and skateboard. I got my swiss knife and carved my arrows, making sure they're sharp enough. Then, I started aiming at the trees. If there's one thing I've kept in my life, it's archery. 

My favorite ironic quote is, "I don't wear bows, I shoot them!" I also practiced knife defense techniques. It's very useful for the world where we live in, you'll never know when harm will come.

After finishing archery and defense practice, I picked up all my arrows and sharpened them once more. I got distracted when I heard some angry shouting voices. It's creepy because I'm in a forest in the afternoon and it is kind of getting dark.

The usual me would go straight home but I followed the voices. They're probably teenagers. I walked quietly, trying not to be noticed. When I knew where the voices were coming from, I decided to hide behind a tree and listen to them.

Then, I heard a familiar voice. 

"Drop the fucking gun!"

That was Brandon Hunter's voice.