10|Tell Me|

I went back to the car. Thankfully my hoodie covered the side of my face that's bruising up. It does hurt like a bitch!

We reached the school and I was about to go to my room when I remembered that I have my first class with Brandon.

Darren, Gabriel, and Vincent all left me. They went inside the east wing while Brandon and I had to go to the west wing for our first class.

"Trying to run away?" Then, he grabbed me, pulling me back. I could tell that things are going bad since my face is exposed to him.

His smirk turned into a frown and his fingers started touching my face, where my bruise is. "I didn't do this to you, did I?"

Brandon looked at me with a worried expression. How could he? He never hesitated to punch me before, just not in the face.

I know he was doing that to extract information from me and he was being a protective gang leader but still, he hit me. He hit me in a way to make me fear him.

My father's punches and kicks were still a lot more painful than what he gave me since he barely hit my face.

"None of your business Mr. Hunter," I snapped. That didn't seem to please him because he grabbed my arm to make me stay still.

"Who the fuck punched you?" Why do you care! I don't want some gang leader taking pity on me just because I couldn't handle my stepfather.

His grip was tight and it was starting to hurt. "Brandon, let's just go to class, please." My tone sounded sincere and I hope he gets the message that I don't want to talk about it.

While walking, I noticed a lot of girls taking pictures, squealing, giggling, and calling his name. I walked further away from him because I didn't want to be part of the crowd.

Before going into the room, I noticed a substitute teacher. Score! I showed appearance so that he'd grade my attendance and I went straight to my locker.

For some emergency situations, I keep a first-aid kit in my locker. I took the healing gel and went to the bathroom.

I looked at my face and I'm a little saddened by the fact that an hour ago, I looked a bit prettier. Yeah, pretty. I still call myself that even though my body's covered with faint scars.

If my mother was here, she'd tell me, "If you don't love yourself, honey, who will?" Her words repeated in my mind until I didn't notice that someone had entered the bathroom.

"Brandon! Get the hell out!" I pushed him but he didn't even move a muscle. Now, I'm stuck in the bathroom with him.

With his muscular arms, taking me by surprise, he lifted me up and sat me on the countertop. He had a handkerchief with ice. What the fuck?

"Give me your face," he demanded. I took my hood out and pulled my hair back. He touched the bruise and I hissed, it was kind of painful.

Holding the cloth with ice, he slowly tapped it on my wounded skin. The coldness gave me a soothing effect and I slowly relaxed. "Thank you," I whispered to him.

Just as I thought that he was done, he rubbed some healing gel that was on my hand. To finish it off, he placed a band-aid then, I jumped down from the countertop.

We stayed in front each other for seconds. I slowly took in his features that are truly heart-melting. He's like a sculpture of God.

"Why do you let your stepfather hit you?"

Oh no...

"H-he just a-accidentally hit me with his arm." Yeah, totally confident Cassidy, great job!

I just made it seem that I'm afraid of my stepfather which by the way, I'm not. How did he even know that it was him who hit me?

"We both know that it wasn't an accident, stop fooling yourself." He looked angry and it scared me more. I'm seeing a flash of being protective from Brandon Hunter.

I turned around for him, ready to go back to class but he whispered something that caught my attention. "Jewel."

There's no way. It can't be possible, right? No... No! I looked back and asked, "What did you just say?"

He tried to answer instead, his hands pressed his temple, massaging them. "Brandon, are you okay?" He slowly stepped back, meeting the wall.

He slumped and sat down, still holding his forehead with his hands. "I'm fine, just a headache." I'm pretty sure it wasn't just a headache.

Thankfully, my locker wasn't too far so I grabbed two advils and my water bottle. I gave it to him which he gratefully accepted.

Brandon tried to stand back up but he ended up using me for support. His hands were heavy but I was able to help him. What the hell just happened?

I texted Darren and asked him what I should do with Brandon. He looked paler than his usual skin and I know that he's having more than a headache since his eyes aren't even moving.

From: Darren - We're coming.

Moments later, the whole gang was inside the bathroom and I'm quite surprised that no one was entering. To my curiosity, I opened the door and saw 'Under Maintenance' Smart Brandon.

"When was the last time you took the doctor's prescriptions?" Darren had asked.

What does he mean by that? Then, Brandon answered, "Three months ago." They all sighed and Vincent approached him to help him gain some balance.

"Are you frying your brain or something?" Still the joker, Gabriel. They all talked about convincing Brandon to 'take the medicine' which I don't have any idea at all.

First period was nearly coming to an end and I noticed how much time we've spent here. "Is Brandon sick or something?" I asked.

Brandon tried to stop Darren from answering but he failed. "He gets memory flashbacks which lead to migraines."

"Jewel." and memory flashbacks...