Chapter 3

A little less than a two months have passed. He got to know Isabela better. She was a descendant of the ancient elfs. She was a princess of her clan, but her whole clan was anhiliated and what was left was turned into slaves. This world was cruel and in order to survive in this world, you had to obtain power. Without power you were a mere ant. Anyway, it was a time to depart from his city to the city that the awakening ritual was held in. This city had a cliche name "The city of Magic".

*After a week*

Amon could see huge white pillars in the horizon. They were nearing the city. A few hours have passed by, they were near the city gate. The walls were huge. While they were being inspected by guards, he just couldn't get his eyes of them.

In the city, there were a lot of merchants, people were selling all kind of different things, while going to the ritual, he saw a lot of mages. There were a lot of nobles, but you could also spot some lower class people.
He arrived at the big building. Building was built of some interesting red material. He could see applicants of the ritual going in and out of the building. Some of them had  happy expressions on their faces, some were crying. The testing ritual had already begun. He got a place near the end of the applicants. The row of people were lessening, bit by bit, and it was already his turn. He didn't even know what he had to do. He entered a small room. There were some elderly people, young men and women. They all had intimidating auras and sat all around him. He was alone.  A young man stood up. He explained everything to Amon.
There were 6 magic types. Air, fire, earth, water, lightning and void. All of the magic types were common, but the Void type was different. Last known Void type mages were killed a few hundred years ago. There were five different color stones in front of him. White, red, brown, blue and cyan. All of the the testing stones were there, except for the black stone needed for void mages. After last void mage was killed, all of the stones went extinct. After this overwhelming ammount of information he was told to pick one stone at the time and try to release energy. After picking first stone he indeed felt energy inside,  he tried releasing this energy into the stone, but nothing happened. He picked another one, nothing. Another one, nothing. He tested all of the stones by releasing energy into them, but there was no reaction. He tried once again, but nothing happened.
"Get out! You have 0 talent"- young woman shouted with a serious expression on her face.
He turned around and went out of the room, he was sad  but he didn't give up just yet. He knew, that if he worked hard enough he would become a knight. That was good enough because where he was living the mages were a minority.

*At the small room that the ritual was being held in*

People in the room were talking about the new talented mages. All of these people were teachers and higher ranking citizens for magic school. They were talking happily.
"Look! What is that?"- one of the people in the room said with a serious expression on his face. On the table, all of the stones were turning into night black color. Darkness enveloped them.