Chapter 9

He was walking with the strange woman. They were nearing the town. As they got closer to the town Amon could see black buildings. Everything was black in this town. They were walking in the middle of the street. Amon could see people staring at him. He was a void mage after all. 

As they were walking, this woman told him her name, it was Angela. They were near a big looking building. It was one and only school in this town. It was all  black and you could see people walking in the classrooms.

"Angela! Angela!"- a man in his thirties was shouting while running towards them.

"Angela! Where have you been?"- he asked

"I was near the holy fountain, when I saw this idiot trying to drink from it."-she said while looking at Amon.

"I didn't know that I need some proper training before I can drink from it, I'm sorry"- Amon said.

"No problem, come with  me. We will gather all of the teachers and ask you some questions. You can call me Roland."- he said.

Roland led him to a room. It was a neat looking room with bed and a desk. It had a bathroom too. Roland told him to spend the night here. He said that he would pick him up in the morning. Amon didn't sleep at all that night. Too much "shit" have happened to him in these past few months. 

"Good morning"- he could hear Roland's voice behind the door.

"Come in"- Amon said.

"No, I will wait for you behind the door. Get ready and let's go"- Roland said.

Amon got ready and opened the door. Roland was with a costume. Teacher's gathering must've been a important deal. He started following Roland. They passed a few students along the way. They could not help but stare at his unfamiliar face.

Amon and Roland entered a big hall. People have already been gathered there. They were sitting calmly, waiting for them to sit down too.

"Ahem. Today we gathered to ask some questions to this boy right here. As you all know, we haven't seen  any void mages appearing in this realm for over 200 years."- an old man with raspy voice said. He must've been a man with the most power in the hall.

People around him asked all kinds of questions. How he got here? Are there any void mages left in the real world? How is the situation of the world? Amon was questioned for more than 6 hours. After teachers felt satisfied with his answers they told him that he could study in this school. Amon wanted to study. That's why he answered all of the teachers questions sincerely. Roland was told to show Amon the school. There was a lot of classrooms, gardens and laboratories. There was a prohibited area too. You could step into a prohibited area if you passed the void knowledge and power exams. They were very hard. Only a minority of people passed them. After showing him around Ronald assigned him a room in the dorm. It was like a room that he slept previously. Before leaving Roland told him to go to the library when he gets ready.

"Without knowledge you can't acquire great power"- Roland said.