Chapter 4

"Hey you! Come here!"- he heard someone shouting from behind him.
"Pardon?"- said Amon. He was flustered. A  young man, dressed in a formal clothing ran up to him.
"Follow me"- he said. Amon was intrigued. He started following the man. They went into the hall, there were still some people being called into the testing room. He went to the opposite direction of them. Few of the applicants were looking at him curiously. Man led him into the room and left right after. The room was dark and shrouded in darkness. Suddendly, room was filled up with light and Amon was blinded for a short period of time.
"Ahh... I see...  It's you."- he heard old raspy voice in front of him. He was still blinded.
"You have a very rare ability young man. I've never seen any void mages besides me. Maybe because I was sitting here for the past 250 years..."- said the man with old craspy voice. He could finally see him. The man sat beside a huge table. On the table there were a lot of books, some kind of documents and testing stone look alikes. The voice belonged to a man, who looked like a dried up piece of wood. His skin was so wrinkly, he could not see his face features at all. He could see his dried lips, nose, and a pair of dark eyes.
"I get it. I know that you're confused. But please bear with me. I was one of the strongest mages in my era, but due to ambush I was cursed to sit in this place till the end of my days. Im lonely. No,"-he contradicted himself
  - " I was lonely. Now that I can guide a fellow void mage I feel happy. So you know, Im a director of this school. You will be my apprentice. I will make you strong."- he said while trying to smile, but his smile looked horrifying rather than pleasant. He tried to be polite so he bowed and said-" Thank you. I will be under your care from now on."- Amon was happy after getting to know that he had the power to make him strong. He wanted to protect his family and most importantly Isabela. He developed quite a liking to her. You could say he was in love.

  ** Oh my god, the last few sentences. So cliche...**

He was led by his now master's attendant to his room. He had hoped for something extravagant and luxurious but what he got was nothing like that. It was a simple room, simple bed, simple dekstop. On his bed was Isabela. She too, passed the ritual. Elfs were compatible with wind, so she passed the test with flying colors. He was happy for her. Director knew about her before hand so they got to live in the same room which was a taboo. Boys and girls lived separately. Well, that was a special treatment for the director's apprentice. He talked with Isabela about what had happened to him for a while and then he heard someone knocking on the door.
"Hello, is master Amon here?"- he heard a female voice behind the door.