Chapter 7

Amon thought that he was saved as light started engulfing him. He closed his eyes. When the sensation from teleporting faded away he opened his eyes. He didn't see the familiar dinning hall, instead he saw a black cell. Yes, he was in a black cell. He sat there for a few minutes letting this thought sink in. There had to be another 20 or so students, but there were no one there. It was silent. He tried to escape, but his efforts were in vain. He had physical power few times higher than that of a normal human but he didn't have any magic power whatsoever. He had just started his journey.

Few hours have passed. Nothing. After three more hours he could see someone slowly opening big metal looking doors. A man with a happy expression entered the room. He looked like he was in his fourties. He was a noble judging from his luxurious looking suit and beautiful long blonde hair.

"Hi, you little rat. I thought that no void mages will be born in this era, but I guess I was wrong"- he said with a calm expression on his face.-" I will want to see your face as I will throw you into depths of the abyss. You will die a quick and painless death. You should be thankful. Director of this school that you were going to attend lied to you. He just wanted to experiment on a void mage. You are no threat as of now. Every void mage needs to awaken his powers by drinking dark flame essence, the more you consume the more better start you will have. Wait, why I'm telling you this? You will die soon anyway. As I'm no monster, I will let you eat a proper last meal"- he said. After that he left the room. After around half an hour maids started to barge in. They were bringing in various types of food. As one of the maids opened the cell he sprinted to her. He hit her on the neck and she fell unconscious. He picked up a fork from the table where all the food was at. Amon thought that he got himself a hostage, but he was wrong. After a few minutes the same man entered the room again. He clapped his hands and maid in Amon's hands exploded. Amon lost his consciousness. After waking up he was in the same cell. After a few hours two strong looking men entered the room. They picked up Amon and hit him in the neck, once again Amon fell unconscious. He woke up and saw a lot of people surrounding him. They were all wearing black robes so he couldn't see their faces at all. He was in the middle of the circle. Black robed people started chanting. As they chanted he could see ground below him turning black. After ten or so seconds abyss opened below him. He tried not to fall into it, but he couldn't do anything. He was chained. He closed his eyes as he started slowly dropping in the never ending abyss.